latest chart for power figures 11 superduty and chev hd's

Discussion in 'Trucks and Trailers' started by PTSolutions, Mar 10, 2010.

1. PTSolutions

PTSolutions LawnSite Silver Member
    from OH

[​IMG]

major points:

-Ford will now have the most powerful gas motor on the market...Finally!!
    -The new 6.7L PSD has really lowered the max hp and tq delivery in rpms
    -765lb ft of tq from the new DMAX sounds awesome! tuner? what tuner...lol
    -ford still bests the chevy with payload numbers and towing numbers
    -Chevy really stepped up their game with the new gross ratings

2. White Gardens

White Gardens LawnSite Fanatic

Finally Chevy stepped up and decided to beef up their standard trucks rather then try to make everyone buy a Top-Kick or a Kodiak.

From a marketing standpoint I could never figure out why they didn't try to rival ford through the years when it came to the larger trucks.

I just bought a 01 chevy 3500HD with the 8.1 motor in it. One thing I noticed is the original frame was tiny compared to a ford and all they did was add over-lay another section of frame in the center to stiffen it and get the GVWR up. All ford ever had to do to beef up their frames was to add a few more cross-members and maybe add a piece of steel to the bottom and top of the frame.

3. White Gardens

White Gardens LawnSite Fanatic

Another thing I noticed about the power chart is that Ford is still offering the Power-stroke.

Talking to a Ford Fleet dealer, he was telling me that ford should be coming out with their own Diesel motor later this year and it's supposed to be pretty bad a!!.

4. Krafty

Krafty LawnSite Senior Member
    Male, from St. Louis MO

The 6.7 is the new ford engine I think it may still carry the powerstroke name.

5. PTSolutions

PTSolutions LawnSite Silver Member
    from OH

yes it will still be called the powerstroke.

the big reason chevy stepped it up was the fact they were going to make another 1.5 ton truck to compete with the current 450 pickups but that program got cancelled so they beefed up their 3500 big time.

6. 360ci

360ci LawnSite Senior Member

Personally, I think things are going out of proportion. I'd get the Dodge for diesel, and the GM for gas.

7. TXNSLighting

TXNSLighting LawnSite Fanatic
    from DFW, TX

That is the new engine. They own the powerstroke name.

8. doubleedge

doubleedge LawnSite Senior Member
    from ND

You are assuming that the Dodge will get better fuel economy, correct? Well, Autoblog and other reputable automobile news companies got over 20 mpg during a long test drive of the new Ford diesel. Some of the test drivers got in the mid to high 20s by driving wisely.

And why GM for the gas? The new Ford gas engine will be more powerful, supposedly will be significantly more fuel efficient than the current 5.4l, and will use the same transmission as the Ford diesel will; the GM gas model will still use the hydramatic, not the Allison.

The base Ford super duty truck will be more expensive than the current one, but the upgrade to diesel is supposed to be the same.

9. STIHL GUY

STIHL GUY LawnSite Fanatic
    from CT

those spece are looking pretty great. i cant wait till the day i get a 3/4 ton or 1 ton truck

10. evanbrendel

evanbrendel LawnSite Member

i cant wait to get a diesel this 454 drinks!!