Latest Green Monster Install

Discussion in 'Landscape Architecture and Design' started by GreenMonster, Aug 19, 2004.

1. GreenMonster

GreenMonster LawnSite Silver Member
    from NH

hiding in the closet?
    where have you been? everything alright? or did the reality of the bo sox cause you to lock yourself in the closet.......

seriously though, computer blow up?

Gee, It's nice to know I'm missed, even if it is by a Yankee fan
    :rolleyes:

I'm gonna be quick, because I just gave a HUGE explanation of the whole job, then lost the thread because my freakin' before picture was too big! :angry:

We just did another wall, about 55'x3-4" with stairs. Job was 2 guys for 6 days, and added another guy for 2 more. When about a day over what I had planned. Mostly I believe, due to slow excavation and backfill. Job was right on a main road going into Wolfeboro (huge summer town -- Lake Winnipesaukee) and had to actually run equipment into the road to access the wall. What was nice about this is that is was high profile. Thousands of cars a day are looking at my sign :D

Here's a before: Sorry about the shade. Pic kinda sux.

1.jpg

2. GreenMonster

from NH

Here's an after:

3. GreenMonster

from NH

uh, sorry. That's not the after:eek:

p1010097.jpg

4. GreenMonster

from NH

Shrub list includes Rose of Sharon, Weigla, PJM, Jap Maple, Hydrangea and a low-growing Rhodo - can't remember variety.

Perennials: brilliant, Autumn joy & Frosty Morning Sedum, Rebeckia, Aster, 3 varieties of Phlox, Verbena, Happy Returns daylilly.

Customer didn't want "evergreen" stuff like the yews, juniper and such that were there. Hopefully it doesn't look too baren this winter. Rhodos are the only evergreens in there.

p1010094.jpg

5. GreenMonster

from NH

ugh. that's a lot of stone.

6.jpg

6. EagleLandscape

EagleLandscape LawnSite Platinum Member
    Male, from Garland, Texas

looks very nice, great job!

7. GreenMonster

from NH

action shot of Buck, or Buddha (my brother-in-law Adam) in the skid steer.

7.jpg

8. GreenMonster

from NH

oh yeah, there was some big ass granite boulders buried in the slope. the 331 (7k lb) machine could barely pick up a couple of them. sorry no pics of them.

The stand-alone stairs above the wall were an add-on. They were gonna go with granite, but decided to keep the same theme. The top has a landing finished with pavers, and a small planter on each side. personnally, I would change out annuals throughout the season. I suggested they put some mums in there now for fall.

p1010102.jpg

9. i_plant_art

i_plant_art LawnSite Senior Member

man what a good lookin job thats the kinda stuff i like to get into.... way to go ...

10. chefdrp

chefdrp LawnSite Bronze Member

super job. i like looking at work like that. they must be happy