latest issue of turf

Discussion in 'Lawn Mowing' started by rookiemower, Oct 15, 2003.

1. rookiemower

rookiemower LawnSite Senior Member

hey did anyone see frankenscags scag in turf it had a plow very cool what will he come up with next:blob3:
  2. tiedeman

tiedeman LawnSite Fanatic
    from earth

yup saw it...he actually had it posted on here a while ago. I loved reading the response letters from people, very funny.
  3. dvmcmrhp52

dvmcmrhp52 LawnSite Platinum Member
    from Pa.

A thread started by Pinnacle is in the issue as well.....
  4. Team Gopher

Team Gopher LawnSite Platinum Member
    from -

Click the pic for the post on this.

5. Expert Lawns

Expert Lawns LawnSite Silver Member

it was a good article. i also like the section on lawnsite, especially when they put one of my posts in there

SCAPEASAURUSREX LawnSite Senior Member

Have you guys been following the article and replies from the editor on the " do not call list" now that is interesting.....
  7. o-so-n-so

o-so-n-so LawnSite Bronze Member
    from Alabama

I did....Good stuff..

Good job Frankenscags........
  8. Edgewater

Edgewater LawnSite Senior Member

Can somone give me a website to check out the magazine?

9. 1MajorTom

1MajorTom Senior Moderator
  10. FrankenScagMachines

FrankenScagMachines LawnSite Platinum Member
    from IN

All of the My gear articles this month were re-runs. They didn’t ask if they could use mine again though lol. I saw it and was kinda embarrassed because of how far I have come since then, now I can make stuff look and work like factory built things (when I put the effort into it) and then I was just slopping stuff together. Shortly after the original frankenscag article ran I had rebuilt the OCDC and the plow, then later rebuilt that OCDC again (it was pretty good but the cable control was not strong enough when using a sulky because the high speed made it bounce thus braking the cable) so it had a rod control on the later version and this is what I am using on my eXmark now, no troubles at all with it. I do not think I will use the eXmark to plow, I have aquired a John Deere 110 garden tractor that needs an engine and alittle other work, I would like to have this fixed up and use it to plow. The Scag worked good in light snows but more than a few inches and it just didn’t have the traction. I’m sure with tire chains and some weight it would have done much better, but the eXmark is rope start and I don’t like running hydros in that cold of weather, the JD tractor will hopefully be electric start, I can sit down, I can easily add boo-coos of weight to it, lug tires, chains, etc. and it will still do a better job. I’ll probably build a straight plow for it (not V, V is useless unless you have super deep snow to bust through, or power angle on it). But right now I am just going to try to deal with the leaves.

That article reminds me, I need to update Jim with a new article on the eXmark with all of it’s attachments, accessories and modifications.