1. Missed the live Ask the Expert event?
    Not to worry. Check out the archived thread of the Q&A with Ken Hutcheson, President of U.S. Lawns, and the LawnSite community in the Franchising forum .

Dismiss Notice

latest landscape job

Discussion in 'Original Pictures Forum' started by JRay_A&WLawnKare, Nov 13, 2010.

1. JRay_A&WLawnKare

JRay_A&WLawnKare LawnSite Member
    from NE,AL

Here is a few pics of a job we just finished up. Fully irigated the yard, put down 12 pallets of sod and added the beds. We also took out the old walk for a redesign and added a patio to the rear of the property.

2. bobcat48

bobcat48 LawnSite Gold Member

Looks great man.real nice work.
  3. GunnPropertyServices

GunnPropertyServices LawnSite Senior Member

Nice Job! How long does something like that take? minus the concrete work
  4. Kennedy Landscaping

Kennedy Landscaping LawnSite Fanatic

Looks good, but one thing, be sure to stagger the sod :nono:
  5. LandContract

LandContract LawnSite Member
    from MN

x2!!! F@cked it up for sure...
    Also, with the pinestraw, I know its a down south thing, but doesn't it absolutely suck to go anywhere near it with a blower and the straw instantly gets blown? I hate mulch for that reason.
  6. Jaspell

Jaspell LawnSite Member

I agree. The sod job wont look/grow right unless you stagger the joints.:confused:
  7. JRay_A&WLawnKare

JRay_A&WLawnKare LawnSite Member
    from NE,AL

We have around four days work in this one including the concrete.

The sod comes from a good company down here and it has a good mat and is always healthy. We have never had a problem with it not growing or looking bad no matter how it is put down. More times than not we do stagger the joints but in this case the hired hands were laying it while the boss man and I were plumbing and they were about three pallets in when we got back around to them so we let this one slide.

The straw can be a pain for sure but it was what the customer requested so it's what she got. I prefer lava rocks myself but most people don't care to pay the price for it.
  8. Stillwater

Stillwater LawnSite Platinum Member

Keep a eye out for drying edges, erosion and sod drift where the sod is not staggered, going forward supervise closely all crews on key aspects of landscape installs especially primary ones like sod installs.