1. Missed the live Ask the Expert event?
    Not to worry. Check out the archived thread of the Q&A with Ken Hutcheson, President of U.S. Lawns, and the LawnSite community in the Franchising forum .

Dismiss Notice

Latest Meg-Mo Feedback

Discussion in 'Lawn Mowing' started by bigdaddyspags, Sep 15, 2004.

1. bigdaddyspags

bigdaddyspags LawnSite Member

I'm looking for some feedback about the meg-mos on a 48" GHS Walker. Anyone tried them?
  2. WeatherMan

WeatherMan LawnSite Senior Member

I Have a set of Megs sitting on a shelf I used them once then took them off, I did not like them at all. doubles work much better
  3. HighGrass

HighGrass LawnSite Bronze Member
    from Z5 MA

I have never used them but if you do a search here (within the forum) you'll find all kinds of feedback and info on them. I think they probably work great on dry grass....but then, so do my gators.
  4. John Gamba

John Gamba LawnSite Fanatic
    from ct

If you go to roys site, You will find people who have used them on a walker.
  5. grasswhacker

grasswhacker LawnSite Gold Member

Mine are hanging on my garage wall. They did ok, but after runnig doubles I'm hooked. Will try the Megs when leaf season cranks up to see how they perform.
  6. walker-talker

walker-talker LawnSite Platinum Member
    from Midwest

Doubles on a Walker GHS deck...I dont think so....because of the blade over-lapping. I run doubles on my 52" and love it.
  7. bigdaddyspags

I'm looking for some feedback from people that have actually used them on an actual Walker GHS deck. Anybody? I would love to try doubles, but i don't know of a way to do doubles on a GHS deck. I am open for suggestions though. My goal is to try and make clippings smaller so that they don't clog the GHS as often.
  8. bigdaddyspags

I got a quote of $169.90 for a set of Meg-Mo's. Can this be worth it?
  9. Tonyr

Tonyr LawnSite Bronze Member

Last I heard from Meg Mo is they weren't producing blades for timed decks anymore....was posted here.

With the blades on a GHS deck being overlapped and timed, and meg mo discs have 4 cutting blades on each disc that swing, there must be some ultra fine engineering going on here to stop blades fron hitting...and when you break shearpins....can imaging the mess under the deck then!

Don't get me wrong, I love the meg mo concept, just not sure about the application on timed decks, love to see pics if anyone has then on a GHS deck though, be a great thing if successful.
  10. Meg-Mo

Meg-Mo Inactive

We make the blades for the 42 and 48 GHS decks only. They do work real well on those decks.