Latest toy

Discussion in 'Trucks and Trailers' started by NCSULandscaper, May 31, 2003.

1. NCSULandscaper

NCSULandscaper Banned

Here is the current toy I picked up today.

truck_0066.jpg

2. Keith

Keith LawnSite Gold Member

Sweeeet! What engine?

3. NCSULandscaper

NCSULandscaper Banned

5.4L gas
    Couldnt see spending the extra $5,000 for the diesel. Dont do that much heavy hauling.

4. Brieldo

Brieldo LawnSite Member

Watching me pull away, going 0-60 in 7 seconds and getting 22+ mpg is well worth 5k. Plus, nothing sounds better than the turbo spooling up and the torque converter holding the gear as the engine brakes...PowerStroke it or go home.

5. Jimmy348

Jimmy348 LawnSite Member

What engine is giving you 22mpg (6.0 or 7.3)?
    In comparison with several 7.3 others 20 mpg highway (under 2k rpm) is about the limit. City driving has been averaging 11-14 mpg.

Do you have any mods or recommendations (I would like to reach those numbers as well)

And your right (nothing does sound better than that turbo spooling up) Not to mention that sweet smell of diesel in the morning with your java.
    My problem is keeping the foot off of the spooling maker :D

6. Keith

Keith LawnSite Gold Member

Very nice looking truck, no matter the engine :) I don't recall ever having seen a regular cab in Dark Shadow Grey. I like crewcabs, but a nice regular cab looks pretty darn good. I looked at a True Blue regular cab V10 4X4 about two years ago, I almost bought it. Alas, I still drive a 95 F150 :( Oh well, maybe one day I'll think about getting one :)

7. Firefighter Dave

Firefighter Dave LawnSite Member

NCSULandscaper,

Nice Truck!!!!

I picked up a F-250 a couple weeks ago and love it!!!

Dave

:blob2: :blob2:

ford f250.jpg

8. NCSULandscaper

NCSULandscaper Banned

Well good for you. Like i said above i dont need a diesel for hauling 2 mowers and a 16 ft trailer. So why spend another $5,000 for bragging rights. If all ure worried about it speed then get a sprots car, cause im not worried about speed while towing.

9. Brieldo

Brieldo LawnSite Member

6.0L...it'll be chipped in a month or so

10. dhicks

dhicks Member

I'm a Chevy kind of guy but I do love the looks of your new truck.