1. Missed the live Ask the Expert event?
    Not to worry. Check out the archived thread of the Q&A with Ken Hutcheson, President of U.S. Lawns, and the LawnSite community in the Franchising forum .

Dismiss Notice

Latest Update, John Deere Saga

Discussion in 'Lawn Mowing' started by Tonyr, Dec 16, 2005.

1. Tonyr

Tonyr LawnSite Bronze Member

Spoke with the owner of the dealership today, he spoke to the top bloke at deere corp....my mower will not be fixed swiftly by looks of things.

without going into the interesting details publically, the owner of the dealership offered to take my mower back and replace it with a New60'' side discharge model 997.

I had to think about it as I was stunned.....though I'm sold on rear discharge, simply deere has not got a good enough one out, so Monday I'll be ordering a side discharge for a demo.

no money changes hands, clean swap.

I get a mulch kit, and will try for a OCDC this way I can mow around property, cars etc.

This is a great deal, best it could ever be.....

6 months of stress and worry, looks like it will calm soon.

The demo is a side by side comparison to ensure the screen filter doesn't clog or any other bugs, the boss guy wants to resolve this asap, he is wearing the cost, deere is not buying back, he is.....

I'll be a happy chappy if this all goes well, might even keep my biz!
  2. Lazer_Z

Lazer_Z LawnSite Silver Member
    from NJ

Good luck Tony I sincerely hope all goes well for you. I had a hard time reading what you were going through, I can't imagine what it actually feels like to go through all of that BS. Good luck again Tony.

DUSTYCEDAR LawnSite Fanatic
    from PA

good show and if he hooks u up make sure u take care of him dinner for him and his wife somewhere nice
  4. Richard Martin

Richard Martin LawnSite Fanatic

It's too bad Deere didn't step up to the plate and take it back. Oh well, there was slim chance I would buy a Deere before and now there's ZERO chance.

Why run with a deere when you can fly with a Chopper!
  5. impactlandscaping

impactlandscaping LawnSite Silver Member

Tony'Good for ya Mate! Hope the side discharge works for you. Too bad for your dealer he couldn't be properly backed by his company,JOHN DEERE, and decided to step up to the plate in their place. I'd take Dusty's advice , and treat him and his ms out on the town for a night.I never had the need to own a Deere, and I definitely don't now. Cheers!:drinkup:
  6. Lawn Masters

Lawn Masters LawnSite Senior Member

I'm glad to hear that SOMEONE is finally doing something for you. if you're happy in the end, great. definately take that guy and his wife out someplace nice for dinner or something.
  7. mcwlandscaping

mcwlandscaping LawnSite Gold Member

Ya, take em out to dinner, just have them pay for it!!!jk, glad that something is working out for you finally. Post pics of the new mower!
  8. Pecker

Pecker LawnSite Bronze Member

See if you can get the new deck with the OCDC built in! Thats what I'd go for if I were to buy my 757 new again. GL
  9. Up North

Up North LawnSite Bronze Member
    from MN

About time someone stepped up to the plate and took some responsibility. Hope all works out there mate, and IMO I think the dealer should take YOU out to dinner after all the crap you've gone through. He should have resolved the matter months ago.

Careful with where you put that new Deere, my ol' moose is licking his chops!:blob4:

10. Envy Lawn Service

Envy Lawn Service LawnSite Fanatic

Well Tony, I'm glad for you, yet I worry too...

It is awesome of your dealer to take responsibility for something like this that is not his place to do. That's great, but I do worry about you taking another 997.

Be sure you put it through the paces really well side discharging and mulching before accepting it. I'm afraid you may run into reduced but similar issues with the new one during side discharge and close to the same issue mulching.

You may want to have in mind another way to divide your investment up in trade to the dealer. For example, you may want to consider the 700 series mowers, and even out the difference in price with other items.

Yeah, I know it would suck to go back to gas after having the diesel, but if the other 997 demo doesn't work out either, going back to gas would be better than pulling your hair out with the 997's.