Latest Version

Discussion in 'Hustler Turf Equip (Archived)' started by Mickhippy, Oct 22, 2004.

1. Mickhippy

Mickhippy LawnSite Platinum Member

PJ, was wondering if there is a newer/05 version of the Super Z coming out anytime soon! I realize you lot have been busy with your Gate mower, Super Diesel (which looks like a tank by the way. If I had the bucks my research would be over! hint hint :waving: ) etc. Just wondering is all. I'm talking about that burning grass issue and a few other problems I've read about hear getting fixed and any other mod's/changes to a new Super Z.

Hope that made sense, getting late here and I've had a couple :drinkup: ;) :dizzy:

Cheers
    Mick

2. mowerconsultant

mowerconsultant LawnSite Fanatic
    Male, from Syracuse, NY

No changes to the models for a "05" model.
    We do not change models for a calendar year or new model year.
    We make improvements as we see them needed.
    As far as the shield kit for the scorching grass issue, we have not started installing them yet.
    Keep reading here on LS and you will be among the most updated customers we have.

Pj

3. Mickhippy

PJ,
    I'm not a customer yet but its getting closer. Its the reasons for the question. I'm thinking "Should I wait for any up graded Z or just dive in and get the current one." Thats if I go with the Hustler anyway?
    That burning grass problem might not even be an issue over here with our turf types but its better to be safe than sorry. If I'm going to spend $20000 I want to be sure its worth the $$$$ and not cause problems. As I'm sure you'd agree. $20k is a hell of alot of money!

I also like the Scag TT but the dealler here dosnt have the best reputation!

4. imograss

imograss LawnSite Senior Member

The prototype shield I've tested has solved the burning problems for me.

5. Mickhippy

To me, the sheild is a bandaid solution to the problem. I asked the question because Hustler knows theres a problem and it should of been fixed by now and not by a bandaid solution but rather at the design table!

Over here the dealler I spoke to didnt even know there was a problem. It was up to me to tell him, and I only found out about it by coming here to LawnSite. Hustler should tell all deallers all over the world and send the "fix" shield to them so they can put them ALL the mowers they've sold... at there own cost!

All that said, I like the Hustler! If the design was fixed, it would be even closer to being my choice to buy. I have alot more home work to do in the mean time! ;)

6. mowerconsultant

mowerconsultant LawnSite Fanatic
    Male, from Syracuse, NY

The heat shield is not needed on all mowers or in all areas of the country / world.
    We are taking care of anyone that does need it, in the mean time we are working to resolve the issue.

Pj