laughed at this contract

Discussion in 'Lawn Mowing' started by Jersey Shore Landscaping, Mar 27, 2009.

1. Jersey Shore Landscaping

Jersey Shore Landscaping LawnSite Member

i got a contract today to service a khols store near me it was just for one month until they get a new agreement 552.50 for 7 cuts, one app of pre emergent, spring clean up, and sprinkler start up. for that price id rather finish early one day or start later not worth my time

2. AI Inc

AI Inc LawnSite Fanatic

I would go fishing instead.

3. That's weird. In so many ways.
    I've seen people who wanted "help" in the spring. Till they got their mower fixed etc. (Not gonna happen)
    But to plan to change service providers in the spring is pretty odd. Plus they have an agenda for what seems pretty good care. Not really typical.
    Are they telling you what the job is and what they're going to pay?
    Is there a property management company involved in this?

4. capnsac

capnsac LawnSite Senior Member

I can't believe some of the crap that people come up with. The worst part is someone out there is desperate enough to do this kind of work. I just hope and pray that I never end up to be that 'someone'

5. DT Lawn Care

DT Lawn Care LawnSite Senior Member

Wow, 7 cuts in one month? That seems like kind of a lot...

6. kaferhaus

kaferhaus LawnSite Bronze Member

The Kohl's contracts are all up in late spring. All being subbed out by a national account holder who is also having to rebid against other companies that want the national acct.

The National contract won't be awarded until the end of next month or first part of May. Whoever gets that then has to contact the local LCO's that actually bid on the jobs.

7. I thought I smelled a "Property management" company!
    GAWD! I Despise property management companies!

It takes a real professional to screw things up that bad!

8. kaferhaus

kaferhaus LawnSite Bronze Member

The one that has it now is actually not too bad other than paying slow (like most of them do) But they do pay regular. We have 2 of the stores now and hope to keep them but ya never know.

But to the OP... The LCO that was doing the one he was asked to do it must have either walked away or they fired him cause our contract on both stores is through May and has been for several years.

9. lilweeds

lilweeds LawnSite Senior Member

From what I understand Lipinski has or will have the Kohls contract.

10. DLAWNS

DLAWNS LawnSite Fanatic

Screw that. What a waste of your time.