Laughed when i read this business quote gopher

Discussion in 'Business Operations' started by LawnsRUsInc., Mar 19, 2008.

1. LawnsRUsInc.

LawnsRUsInc. LawnSite Senior Member
    from midwest

Gopher haul 232482394 "Business Question:

Are you keeping track of where your new customers initially heard of your business from? If you aren’t you might be wasting a huge amount of advertising dollars. Let’s jump to a post Chuck made in our lawn care forum. Try using an excel spread sheet to track clients calls.

In his post Chuck said “I keep track of everything, My findings were surprising. about 65-70% of my business thus far has come from 1 source & at an advertising cost of just over $10 per customer! Pretty cheap. ”

Thanks to gopher with their great ideas we can now all run our companies better thanks gopher software!!! Well if your program could do this so very easy task we wouldnt need to turn to excel. Honestly write software your not a you tube movie star. We are all tired of running this dos program.

Your best customer Jason

2. Daily Lawn/Landscape

Daily Lawn/Landscape LawnSite Senior Member

learned that in marketing many, many years ago. But I agree, you need to know where your mony is best spent.
    James

3. Mrs. H

Mrs. H LawnSite Senior Member

David is always asking where the customer heard about him.

4. LawnsRUsInc.

from midwest

yea to bad the software cant handle that 99% of gopher users have been waiting years for an update not some patch to fix bugs.

5. landscaper22

landscaper22 LawnSite Senior Member

Yeah, what's the deal with them? I like the software, but geeee, it is past due for a few fixes. It is difficult to recommend gopher to anyone because it seems they lost their focus.

6. LawnsRUsInc.

from midwest

landscaper, wow perfect and well put in 2 sentences. Yea i feel they are off track and have noticed that they need to lower prices alot!!!! just to get people to buy the program. I had a computer programmer look at it and he talked some computer language i dont understand and he said this is dinasaur software. I feel that we are not asking for to much. I have offered them money just to upgrade it so it can fit my needs i mean thousands of dollars with no luck. I have no choice but to move on to different software.

I think for everyone that reads this you should do the same now i am stuck transfering 502 maint. clients into a new program. If you have more than 1 crew or plan on growing to that size change quick or dont start off with it all together.

helpful info.
    Jason

7. Howard Roark

Howard Roark LawnSite Senior Member
    from Texas

We've used Gopher for a few years now. We have outgrown it, and this year is absolutely our last year with it.

Does that mean it's bad? Not at all. Great for people at the beginner to intermediate level, based on their particular needs of course.

I can tell you this, I will absolutely NEVER go to their website anymore due to the annoying video that runs continuously.

Gopher, honestly, this is a BAD, BAD idea. I do like you guys. But STOP! The image is bad, there's no hook (or at least no one can put up with your vid long enough to even catch a hook)...just stop!

Anyway, it's your company. Just thought I'd give some feedback. Some of my customers tell me to stop too. It's usually when I'm telling jokes though..

8. Lance L

Lance L LawnSite Senior Member

we can track where the calls come from in real green pretty easily =P maybe time for a upgrade?

9. hole in one lco

hole in one lco LawnSite Bronze Member

well for the price it should grow with you............................ from the looks of thing he just takes everybodys contracts and sells them lol

10. LawnsRUsInc.

from midwest

Oh i agree lance we are not waiting around over here for them to stop their movies and start writing software. Yea i am looking at realgreen and turfpro. If we cant work something out with them i have a computer programmer i know and i will pay him money to design it and then i will use it for a year and then sell it to lawnsite members for $25 and for previous gopher users the price will be $10