lawence stone

Discussion in 'Lawn Mowing' started by lawnworker, Apr 22, 2001.

1. lawnworker

lawnworker LawnSite Senior Member

hey what happened to lawence stone??
  2. lee b

lee b LawnSite Fanatic

I heard he went to China to help get our airman released, then he was going to finish designing the missile defense system for George W. He may not have time to share his wisdom anymore, rumors are floating that he's gonna run for president in 2004 for the Libertiarin Party.
  3. Guido

Guido LawnSite Silver Member

He's around, hes restoring an old motorhome for himself. Check out his post in the off topic forum.
  4. cantoo

cantoo LawnSite Silver Member

Wrong wrong wrong fellas. He went up in the shuttle with his trusty Toro to see how they work on moon dust.
    He's probally just building another special project from scratch. Where are you hiding Stone and what are you building?
    Last week I took a rear mount power sweeper that I bought at a sale last year and mounted it onto the front of my 72"Ransomes, the thing works great. We've used it on a few cleanups already and so far it's working good, saves alot of rake work. It will also make the blower on the Walker last longer by not having to use them in the gravel areas.
    We spent the day in Michigan on Friday, 1450 kms in 23 1/2 hours, man I hate my new job. Then to a cleanup job on Saturday morning, I'm not sure which feels worse, my a-- or my back.
  5. cos

cos LawnSite Addict

No cantoo. It's "I just took possesion of a 1976 Eureka, It only needs a couple modifications, not too sure if I should replace the motor with a 15v or an 18v motor, cause I want to be able to run my 165 meg computer"

6. Greenkeepers

Greenkeepers LawnSite Senior Member
    from NE Ohio

No picking on stone guys, he's too busy on the motorhome to defend himself :) I've seen him posting around but not too much in this forum..
  7. I hope to be on the road next weekend. Yesterday I placed an order with JC Whitney to get all the parts I need to get the unit useable and road worthy.

For safety I broke down and spent $10 for an audio/visual back up warning device (controled by a OH rocker switch NOT hooked to the reverse lights so it ALWAYS works) to keep the rug rats out from under the rear wheels.

In my goal to obtain 15 mpg highway so I also ordered a new
    60,000 volt ignition coil. I will also replace the igniton
    box ($15) and ballest resistor and keep the old parts with the truck for any road breakdowns.

Hopefully I will be taking a shakedown cruise to a local PA state park. The camping area for this park is on top of a mtn. via a 17 degree road. If the old Dodge can make it to the top of this grade it has passed the performance test and is good to go.

State Park info at
  8. cos

cos LawnSite Addict

Are you going to stop at Uncle Clarke griswald's house?

Just Kiddin. :D