lawm mower blade sharpener

Discussion in 'Lawn Mowing' started by oldharleyguy57, Mar 8, 2008.

1. oldharleyguy57

oldharleyguy57 LawnSite Member

I am looking to buy a blade sharpener for my business and am looking at the Mag 8000 made by Magna- Matic. Are they a good one to buy or are there better ones. Any help or information on this matter would be very helpful. Thanks

2. Two Seasons

Two Seasons LawnSite Senior Member

We are a new company and have ordered the MAG-8000 with the 1000G balancer and the stand too.

Don't forget your grinding wheels.

You'll need to add a grit collector or a shop vac. Good lighting is helpful too.

Magna-Matic is a good company to have as a vendor!

3. delphied

delphied LawnSite Silver Member

I researched grinders a good bit and was set to buy a Fireball at constructioncomplete.com. I am convinced it is the best line of blade grinders but thats just MHO. I instead bought a used Neary on Ebay because the prices on blade grinders is IMHO ridiculous.

4. grassman177

grassman177 LawnSite Fanatic

we use the rbg brand i think it is!>> wehave used it for about 7 years now with no issues . may be it is wall brand, hell i cant remember. duh!

5. TLS

TLS LawnSite Fanatic

Just an FYI, there is no comparing a Neary to a Brandlein Fireball.

6. delphied

delphied LawnSite Silver Member

On the contrary. The blade comes out sharp on both and they are better than yahoo' in it with a hand held sander. Thats 2 comparisons off the top of my head. I never said your suggestion was a bad choice.Dont pick on my choice.

7. TLS

TLS LawnSite Fanatic

Whoa there bud.

You never asked me for your suggestion. (I've personally had BOTH)

You get what you pay for.

8. macguy

macguy LawnSite Member

Meh. An angle grinder has always done the job for me.

9. nosparkplugs

nosparkplugs LawnSite Gold Member

I have the Wells RGB 3/4 hp Professional blade sharpener with the white ceramic grinding wheel $100.00 option , $500.00 unit does well had it for 3 season's. I only use/sharpen, Gator blades, and the Walker GHS blades.

10. lawnbutch

lawnbutch LawnSite Member
    from Colo.

We are going to try the blade assist from Ballard Inc. www.ballard-inc.com is their site and 1.877.965.0951 is their # and they are in Ankeny, LA with shipping it runs about $89.00.