Lawn accounts for sale on Ebay

Discussion in 'Lawn Mowing' started by IrishHank, Aug 3, 2005.

1. IrishHank

IrishHank LawnSite Member

2. PLM-1

PLM-1 LawnSite Bronze Member

howzabout a link?? But, accounts on e-bay!? hmmm

3. IrishHank

Here is the link, sorry!

4. PLM-1

PLM-1 LawnSite Bronze Member

Try again! lol

5. IrishHank

6. Fantasy Lawns

Fantasy Lawns LawnSite Bronze Member

Plenty of business sell on eBay .... the general rule of thumb down here is "2 months on resi" "3-4 on commercial"

I did the math based on a 16 hr work route (2 guys 1 full day) .... 42 cuts per year (normal down here as this guy is 45 min S of me)

Comes out to $19.71 per hour ......SSSSoooo there you have it ..... the accounts 'Seem" to be under priced

42x16=672 yearly hours .... even with an effiency factor ( we tend to go thru em much quicker in dormaint season) ... I use .85 .... from my experience .... so that could be as low as 571 yearly hours

$1370 x 12 = $16440 .... so the hourly could get to $28.74 per hour

7. gogetter

gogetter Banned

I don't understand why he lists the "net" value of the accounts. Since his costs of doing business could be very different then yours or mine, it doesn't really help me to know HIS net.

8. yrdandgardenhandyman

yrdandgardenhandyman LawnSite Senior Member
    from midwest

I think if you go back and re read you will find he lists the gross value.

9. Fantasy Lawns

Fantasy Lawns LawnSite Bronze Member

The seller does not realize the difference ... he states $1370 of monthly income .... than ask for 3 months net ..... might be a typo ....might be a cluess person

What matters ....atleast too me .... is if he is cutting these with a push mower or little 36" belt drive n beat up equip n that is what relates to TIME needed to do the job .... a new owner may come in with a nice Walker n cuts the time down by 30%

But either way I think he wants too much fore something that does not seem to be paying enough

10. arborist-28

arborist-28 LawnSite Member

something about this doesn't sound right ... I'd be really skeptical about buying accounts such as these off of e-bay without alot more information, I have to agree that the accounts appear to be underpriced and it may not be a very profitable business venture.. I'd have to know alot more and actually see all the locations before I could even consider a purchase like this one ... c