Lawn Aeration..Does anybody provide this service????

Discussion in 'Lawn Mowing' started by eggy, Jul 6, 2000.

1. eggy

eggy LawnSite Senior Member

I am thinking of adding aeration to our list of services...any feed back about aeration possiable revenue....equipment choice...marketing etc would be apperciated...and thanks in advance for the posts..

2. Lanelle

Lanelle LawnSite Bronze Member

Aeration and overseeding are a great combo add-on service. Your clients will love the improvement in their lawns. Do this in the fall for best results. In our area, core aerators are the best style for our soil. Check with an equipment rental company or dealer for the best style for your soil conditions.<p>----------<br>Lanelle<br>

3. columbiaplower

columbiaplower LawnSite Senior Member

offer a full overseed program areate, seed and starter fertilize. get a tow or walkbehind CORE areater. i have a lessco pull. i make 2 grand a day overseeding

4. Acute Cut

Acute Cut LawnSite Senior Member

2 GRAND A DAY!?!?!? Can you explain how you turn this lead into gold mr columbiaplower? (Meant serious even though it sounds sarcastic-haha) I admit that i am just getting a hint of this thing called overseeding. Can you eplain it more. I thought it was the &quot;go buy 1 bag of seed and toss it around to fill in the bare spots&quot; kinda operation. Although i would love to charge 2G for that, i think that the customer might cancel her 25$ wk account with me. If not, then im SET!<p>Just got a thatcher, and love it. Only used it once so far. Got it kinda late in the season. Thinking about an aereator as well, and jsut read about overseeding in a new turf mag i got. Am very interested if ya got the extra time to spare, or know where i can find the right info. Thanks <p>Lomers1@excite.com

5. KirbysLawn

KirbysLawn Millenium Member

My top day was $2700.00 last fall in 7 hours doing lawn aeravations. Had several lawns to be aeravated and seeded at $450-$575.00 each, so $2000. is easy to believe and understand. These are not $25.00 a mow lawns we are dealing with.

6. Eric ELM

Eric ELM Husband, Father, Friend, Angel

Aerating is good money. We charge 4 times the amount that we charge to mow. It's like getting a months mowing wages in about the same time it takes to mow once, but I use a 42&quot; 3 point hitch aerator. We don't overseed here, because the lawns are so thick there isn't room for more seed to grow. We aerate spring and fall and it's easy money.<p>----------<br>&lt;a href=&quot;http://pages.prodigy.net/eric.erickson/&quot;&gt;Eric@ELM&lt;/a&gt;<br>

7. eggy

eggy LawnSite Senior Member

Thanks for the posts..one other thing do you recieve many complaints about the cores left on the turf ??????? THANKS!

8. columbiaplower

columbiaplower LawnSite Senior Member

ok here is the deal. i have a lessco tow core areator. i have 2 large spreaders. myself and 2 guy go to a street where we have 6 or 7 (1/4 acer)overseeds lind up. i start areating and they load the spreaders i am done they are ready to spread seed. one pushes a spreader and the other hits any big bare spots by hand. then the spot man starts putting down starter fert. this prosess takes 15-20min and u charge $300.00. its great money and very easy money. and what i described isnt even a good day.

9. ant

ant LawnSite Silver Member

PLOWER: WHAT DO YOU USE TO TOW THE LESCO AERATOR?

10. machine

machine LawnSite Member
    from OH

I did Aeration and overseeding last year and was impressed how green and lush the grass is this year. I am planning an Advertiseing Campaign right know to boost fall revenue.<br>???????????????????????????????????????<br>What should I tell my customers having a electronic dog fence and irrigation system. I do not what to turn them down. ****, that dog fence wire ain't buired but a half inch under the soil.