Lawn Aeration in Denver

Discussion in 'Turf Renovation' started by coloradolady, Nov 29, 2006.

1. coloradolady

coloradolady LawnSite Member

If your are looking for a company to aerate in the Denver area I highly recommend Mile Hi Aeration. We have been using them almost since they started like 20 years ago. They're reasonably priced, they come out every spring and fall to aerate for us. All my neighbors use them too. You always know when it's time to aerate because you see their signs everywhere! They give us a reminder phone call the night before (thank goodness) The work that was most recently performed was far superior then we have ever experienced and the integrity of the company is totally unparalleled within the industry. The uncompromising dedication of their company is always appreciated!!

2. David Grass

David Grass LawnSite Senior Member

NOT TO judGE here, but you just joined today, to tell everyone about the 20 year service you have had with this UNBELIEVABLE COMPANY??????????????? Sorry, but this just sounds like an advertising scam. Correct me if I am wrong, ............. this just seems WRONG.

3. cochino12

cochino12 LawnSite Senior Member

Yep they are great ha ha ha ha

(copied directly from BBB.com) hahahahaha

Customer Experience

Based on BBB files, this company has an unsatisfactory record
    BBB Definition:

unsatisfactory record - A company has an "unsatisfactory business performance record" with the Bureau is based on the experiences reflected in BBB files. This file condition results when the company has failed to resolve or respond to complaints, repeatedly failed to respond or resolve issues in a timely manner, failed to resolve the underlying issues for a pattern
    BBB Definition:

pattern - More than 2 complaints involving the same allegations usually within 12 months that are significant in relation to the company's size and volume of business.

of complaints, failed to honor their commitment to mediate or arbitrate disputes or honor mediated agreements or arbitrated decisions, failed to substantiate, modify or discontinue false advertising claims that are challenged by the BBB, or failed to discontinue unauthorized use of the BBB name and logo, a Federally protected trademark.

with the Bureau due a pattern
    BBB Definition:

pattern - More than 2 complaints involving the same allegations usually within 12 months that are significant in relation to the company's size and volume of business.

of complaints. The company has resolved
    BBB Definition:

resolved - The company resolved the complaint issues.

some complaints presented by the Bureau; however, some complaints remain unresolved
    BBB Definition:

unresolved - The company failed to resolve the complaint issues.

Complaints concern the company taking payment from customers without performing services, performing poor quality services and damaging property while performing services. Complainants also state that the company will not return customer phone calls. In addition, this company has unresolved
    BBB Definition:

unresolved - The company failed to resolve the complaint issues.

complaints. The number and type of complaints are considered unusual for a company in this industry. The company has also failed to substantiate or modify its advertising claims
    BBB Definition:

advertising claims - The Better Business Bureau reviews business advertising, (newspaper, magazine, TV, radio, internet) routinely to ensure that it is truthful and ethical. Claims in advertising are measured against basic advertising principles of the BBB Code of Advertising
    BBB Definition:

BBB Code of Advertising - http://www.bbb.org/membership/codeofad.asp

which was developed to guide advertisers, advertising agencies and advertising media.

per the BBB's request.

Home owners also complain about the illegal practice of taping advertising flyers to front doors. This practice is illegal on private property. However, Denver police does not enforce this ordinance since they consider it a civil action not a criminal offense.

When considering complaint information, please take into account the company's size and volume of transactions, and understand that the nature of complaints and a firm's responses to them are often more important than the number of complaints.

The Bureau processed a total of 411 complaints about this company in the last 36 months, our standard reporting period. Of the total of 411 complaints closed in 36 months, 208 were closed in the last year.

Advertising Issues
    BBB Definition:

Advertising Issues - Claims alleging print or electronic media advertised claims or practices misrepresent the service or product offer.

Resolved
    BBB Definition:

Resolved - The company resolved the complaint issues.

1 - Company resolved the complaint issues. The consumer acknowledged acceptance to the BBB.
    5 - Company resolved the complaint issues, but not within the Bureau's timeframe.
    Unresolved
    BBB Definition:

Unresolved - The company failed to resolve the complaint issues.

1 - Company failed to resolve the complaint issues through the BBB voluntary and self-regulatory process.
    Administratively Closed
    BBB Definition:

Administratively Closed - The BBB determined the company made a good faith and reasonable effort to resolve the issues, although the complainant was not always satisfied with the outcome.

1 - BBB determined the company made a reasonable offer to resolve the issues, but the consumer did not accept the offer.
    No Response
    BBB Definition:

No Response - The company failed to respond to the complaint.

17 - Company failed to respond to the BBB to resolve or address the complaint issues.

Billing or Collection Issues
    BBB Definition:

Billing or Collection Issues - Claim alleging billing errors, unauthorized charges, or questionable collection practices.

No Response
    BBB Definition:

5 - Company failed to respond to the BBB to resolve or address the complaint issues.

Sales Practice Issues
    BBB Definition:

Sales Practice Issues - Claims of alleged sales presentations made in person or by telephone that contain misrepresentations of the product or service, high pressure sales practices, failure to disclose key conditions of the offer, and verbal representations not consistent with written contractual terms or agreements.

No Response
    BBB Definition:

9 - Company failed to respond to the BBB to resolve or address the complaint issues.

Delivery Issues
    BBB Definition:

Delivery Issues - Claims alleging delayed delivery of ordered merchandise.

Resolved
    BBB Definition:

3 - Company resolved the complaint issues. The consumer acknowledged acceptance to the BBB.
    No Response
    BBB Definition:

43 - Company failed to respond to the BBB to resolve or address the complaint issues.

Repair Issues
    BBB Definition:

Repair Issues - Claims of alleged incorrect diagnosis of a problem, delay in completion of repair, inferior workmanship.

No Response
    BBB Definition:

5 - Company failed to respond to the BBB to resolve or address the complaint issues.

Service Issues
    BBB Definition:

Service Issues - Claims of alleged delay in completing service, failure to provide promised service, inferior quality of provided service, or damaged merchandise as a result of delivery service.

Resolved
    BBB Definition:

3 - Company resolved the complaint issues. The consumer acknowledged acceptance to the BBB.
    1 - Company addressed the complaint issues. The consumer failed to acknowledge acceptance to the BBB.
    No Response
    BBB Definition:

39 - Company failed to respond to the BBB to resolve or address the complaint issues.

Customer Service Issues
    BBB Definition:

Service Issues - Claims of alleged delay in completing service, failure to provide promised service, inferior quality of provided service, or damaged merchandise as a result of delivery service.

BBB Definition:

Customer Service Issues - Claims alleging unsatisfactory customer service, including personnel's failure to provide assistance in a timely manner, failure to address or respond to customer dissatisfaction, unavailability for customer support, and/or inappropriate behavior or attitude exhibited by company staff.

Resolved
    BBB Definition:

1 - Company resolved the complaint issues. The consumer acknowledged acceptance to the BBB.
    No Response
    BBB Definition:

19 - Company failed to respond to the BBB to resolve or address the complaint issues.

Guarantee or Warranty Issues
    BBB Definition:

Guarantee or Warranty Issues - Claims alleging failure to honor the terms regarding guarantees or warranties.

Resolved
    BBB Definition:

No Response
    BBB Definition:

2 - Company failed to respond to the BBB to resolve or address the complaint issues.

Product Issues
    BBB Definition:

Product Issues - Claim alleging a product does not meet the expectations of the complainant, including defective merchandise.

Resolved
    BBB Definition:

4 - Company resolved the complaint issues. The consumer acknowledged acceptance to the BBB.
    3 - Company addressed the complaint issues. The consumer failed to acknowledge acceptance to the BBB.
    10 - Company resolved the complaint issues, but not within the Bureau's timeframe.
    Unresolved
    BBB Definition:

Unresolved - The company failed to resolve the complaint issues.

1 - Company failed to resolve the complaint issues through the BBB voluntary and self-regulatory process.
    Administratively Closed
    BBB Definition:

Administratively Closed - The BBB determined the company made a good faith and reasonable effort to resolve the issues, although the complainant was not always satisfied with the outcome.

1 - BBB determined the company made a reasonable offer to resolve the issues, but the consumer did not accept the offer.
    No Response
    BBB Definition:

137 - Company failed to respond to the BBB to resolve or address the complaint issues.

Refund or Exchange Issues
    BBB Definition:

Refund or Exchange Issues - Claim of alleged failure to honor company policy or verbal commitment to provide refunds, exchanges, or credit for products or services.

Resolved
    BBB Definition:

2 - Company resolved the complaint issues, but not within the Bureau's timeframe.
    No Response
    BBB Definition:

49 - Company failed to respond to the BBB to resolve or address the complaint issues.

4. mojob

mojob LawnSite Senior Member

For a good laugh go to milehiservices.com. These guys put out fliers all the way up in northern CO. Lowballers for sure. The same company will aerate your lawn and clean your air ducts. Probably the same guy does both. The website has a full page devoted to damage control. Apparently not everyone thinks as highly of these guys as this Denver wacko. Lawnsite should bill this company for the ad.

5. coloradolady

coloradolady LawnSite Member

I didn't realize this site was only to slam companies....I thought you could give koodoos to companies you use. Although I've never used their air duct cleaning I have used their window and lawn service and I've never had a problem. Maybe you all have had problems (which you obviously haven't gotten over) but I'm just stating that I've had great service since I've been using them. I've never seen their BBB report until now, but until they do me wrong I'll continue using them. Same with my landscaper, The Natural Way, they are awesome and I want to also thank them for their excellent work they've done for me! I think I'll go through my paperwork and see all the contractors I've used and come back and give them all props for excellent service!!!!!! That'll probably piss you all off won't it!!!!

6. mojob

Why would you come to this site and brag on your lawn guy? This site is made up of mostly lawn guys and people in this business. What did you hope to gain from your post? Did you think we would give these guys a call the next time we needed to get our lawn aerated? They come out of the woodwork twice a year just to poke holes in the ground. Where are they the rest of the year? I have yet to see one of their trucks. They must fly by night and for good reason I suspect. Why don't you go somewhere else to piss people off? People like you is the reason I hate going to Denver. It's overflowing with A-Holes.

7. They use subs....no trucks......and it is a pretty well thought out business model.....

I wish I had thought of it......

8. David Grass

NO Coloradolady, it is just strange, almost as if, hmmmmmm, you are REALLY THE OWNER of this company, who made this fictitious name up yesterday, to shamefully advertise via a scam on this site. But I might be wrong. Prove it.

9. David Grass

Its like we are playing poker, and now, I CALL!!!

10. mojob

You smell a rat too? From what I've seen of this outfit (flyers and their website only) I wouldn't put it past them.