1. Missed the live Ask the Expert event?
    Not to worry. Check out the archived thread of the Q&A with Ken Hutcheson, President of U.S. Lawns, and the LawnSite community in the Franchising forum .

Dismiss Notice

Lawn Aeration Marketing

Discussion in 'General Industry Discussions' started by hilltopgrounds, Oct 12, 2005.

1. hilltopgrounds

hilltopgrounds LawnSite Member

Hey guys. I am looking to put together a door hanger pushing my lawn aeration services. I am looking for some good wording to explain to the lay-man what lawn aeration is and why it is so important to have done. Thanks for any help. PS any examples of aeration ads would be great!
  2. walker-talker

walker-talker LawnSite Platinum Member
    from Midwest

Try checking out some of the websites of the manufactures of aerators. When I put together my spil, I used a lot of what was on the Bluebird site.
  3. Lux Lawn

Lux Lawn LawnSite Silver Member

Check with your local Lesco dealer they sell information sheets about aeration.Thats what I have always done I think you get like 100 in a pack for $7-or $8.I staple one to everybodys invoice and it seems to really help.
  4. tinman

tinman LawnSite Bronze Member
    from ga

Soupy had a good one...... Do a search for all his posts & you'll see it.
  5. turfcobob

turfcobob LawnSite Senior Member

Go to Turfco.com and check out the booklet "Why Aerate My Lawn" or call Turfco at 800-679-8201 and have them send you some. They are made just for what you want and will also fit in a letter envelope.

Here is a little tip that works...Take their little booklet or one you make...Put a personal note on the back like "Hi my name is so&so and I will aerate your lawn for $50 and sign it" Put this in a door hanger bag you can get at an office supply store and put in a plug from the lawn. This works...The trick is to do one lawn in the neighbor hood and hang these on the neighbors doors...Also make up signs to put in the lawn "Aerated by Your Name"" Finally, Aerate the sidewalk to street several times so there are tons of cores so the neighbors see them. All these little tools work.