Lawn Aeration

Discussion in 'Starting a Lawn Care Business' started by superbee, Aug 17, 2004.

1. superbee

superbee LawnSite Member

I have a person wanting his lawn power aerated. It is .57 acre. I plan to go over the lawn twice. Any idea as to how much I should bid this job? I don't know how long it will take me to do it. I can rent an aerator from Home Depot for $58.00/day. Also, he wants some sparse areas power seeded - about one third of the lawn. Thanks.:confused:

2. chevyman1

chevyman1 LawnSite Senior Member

I charge 2.5 to 3 times the lawn cost for pulling cores

3. drsogr

drsogr LawnSite Bronze Member

I don't think that you would really profit, after renting the equipment. If you do however decide to do it, get your moneys worth and find some other customers that want it done on the same day.

4. gogetter

gogetter Banned

How do you figure that?? A half acre lawn would run in the $300-375 range by my prices.
    That's just straight aeration, no overseeding or starter fert.

5. chevyman1

chevyman1 LawnSite Senior Member

$300-$375?!?!?!?!?!?!?!!? wow! unreal! for driving around on your zero turn with the plug aerator?

6. gogetter

gogetter Banned

I don't own a ZTR, and I don't have anything to pull a tow behind aerator with. So I would be using the widest WB I can rent.

But even if I did own all that, I'd still have to be in that ballpark since I'd have more invested (in the ZTR).

I shoot for $15 per 1k sq.ft. on smaller lawns. I haven't actually done a larger lawn like is being talked about in this thread (.57 acre = 25K sq.ft.). So at best I would lower the price to $12 per 1K sq.ft. and come up with $300.