Lawn Aerators

Discussion in 'Starting a Lawn Care Business' started by superbee, Aug 19, 2004.

1. superbee

superbee LawnSite Member

Anybody out there have any recommendations on which brand lawn aerator to buy? I see Blue Bird and Ryan textron brands for bid on Ebay. Any suggestions on other brands that might be good? Also, how much ground can these machines aerate in an hour and which engine would be better, Honda or Briggs? Thanks.

2. 65hoss

65hoss LawnSite Fanatic

3. PMLAWN

PMLAWN LawnSite Gold Member

Rock Solid is a great one. It pulls great plugs and is easy to turn. It does have some faults on hills as it does not go up hill very well. I run through tines in about 60 4000sq. foot lots but our soil is that hard clay.

4. tiedeman

tiedeman LawnSite Fanatic
    from earth

I use Turfco and they are a descent price as well

5. KDLAWN

KDLAWN LawnSite Member

********* PLUGR********** WWW.PLUGR.COM i THINK IS THERE SITE..

6. Black95gt

Black95gt LawnSite Member

how much does an aerator cost to rent for a half day? Is it hard to aerate a yard, or is it just like mowing one?

7. superbee

superbee LawnSite Member

$37.00/half day at Home Depot. Yeah, it is definitely harder than mowing.

8. grassredneck

grassredneck LawnSite Member

I have the Honda powered Ryan-Hard to turn but much easier than the bigger model-(I have the smaller of the 2 models) After seeing the inside of engines from both Honda and B&S-I'd have to go with the Honda-No experience with other brands so this just applies to the Ryan product

9. superbee

superbee LawnSite Member

Thanks for the info. We have the Lawn Expo here the end of the month. I'm going to look at a few different ones there. Plugr will be there and I can demo theirs.

10. 65hoss

65hoss LawnSite Fanatic

I'll probably see you there. Talk to Dee.