Lawn App Program Help, Indiana

Discussion in 'Pesticide & Herbicide Application' started by GravelyGuy, Jan 24, 2007.

1. GravelyGuy

GravelyGuy LawnSite Silver Member
    from Indiana

I go take my core and Turf 3B test on Feb. 13 and 20. Other than what the books are teaching me, I am a total newbie.

I will start advertising this spring so I need to start planning now. I already sent letters to my current customers and they want estimates. I should be able to figure out pricing, but any suggestions are welcome.

The thing I really need help with is setting up the program. I know that certain apps will be different depending on the issue, but does anyone have and example of how there program works that I can see?

Also, do you guys have a high end and low end program for people that are not as picky? Say a Gold and Silver package?

Any, and I mean any advice welcome, I am not trying to be vague, but I am very new. I will be starting out with granular apps since it will be cheaper to get me started. I obvioulsy don't have a spray rig.

Anything, what chemicals, time of year, equipment, whatever you guys think I need to know. Thanks a lot. :)

2. GravelyGuy

from Indiana

I forgot to mention, my current setup is a Scotts Speedgreen and a Roundup sprayer :laugh:

3. J Hisch

J Hisch LawnSite Senior Member

too many varibles to list a program, but good luck with it, usually it's best to work for someone or at least understand turf grass care and then a program isnt a problem. Ask a fert rep what you should use.

I spray most of my rounds with N and weed control... Basically what I am telling you is there is no simple plan to follow. If you want the basics then here it is

1. .25N with prodiamine at .75-1.0 AI
    2. .50N with broadleaf
    3. .25N Uflexx with broadleaf
    4. .25N with broadleaf, grub control
    5. .75N with broadleaf
    6. 1.0N granular

4. ATVracer

ATVracer LawnSite Senior Member
    from Indiana

Graveley guy....I will be at the Feb 20th exam. Look me up when you get there. I will PM you when it gets closer. I'm doing the core Feb 6. You can set up programs in so many ways such as offering between 4-6 visit applications, etc. If you have not taken the 2 day class you will learn there as far as programs.

J Hirsch-I'm not too far away from you. I was thinking about buying my material from the Lesco down there. Do you know of some other good places with decent prices? Thanks!

5. garydale

garydale LawnSite Senior Member

6. GravelyGuy

from Indiana

Cool, let me know how the core goes after you take it. When you say 2 day, are you talkign about the 2 day experience class? They said I would get more info on that later so I don't even know when it is for sure.

Thanks for the link Gary, Purdue should be helpful for some of my questions.

7. J Hisch

J Hisch LawnSite Senior Member

There are several place to buy here.

Lesco
    Tenbarge Seed
    John Deere Landscapes
    Daylight Farm Supply
    Co-op's

They all have pricing different across the board, do your homework.