Lawn Application Invoices and other doesy questions.

Discussion in 'Pesticide & Herbicide Application' started by Joshuakwhit, Aug 3, 2008.

1. Joshuakwhit

Joshuakwhit LawnSite Member

What kind of invoices do you guys use?

What do the invoices need to say as far as EPA # ,amount, time ,date?

Do ya'll use carbonated type invoices?

Where do ya'll get them?

One last question and this is a dosey. Is next year a good idea starting my own business?

One more. Is 2 years expierence good enough to start my own operation?

:dizzy

2. Runner

Runner LawnSite Fanatic

I try not....the fizz and bubbles tickle my nose.:laugh::drinkup:

3. Whitey4

Whitey4 LawnSite Silver Member

I'm a small time operation, and not very computer savy. In NY we have to have contracts for any pesticide application, and on that the target, chemical and EPA reg no. must appear. I staple a carbon between two forms that I made myself... has to be in 12 point type or larger. Then it gets signed by the customer and I get the original back.

As far as invoicing, I use a standard form I created. It has "boxes" that include the date of the service, and I hand write what service was done... not very professional, but it works well enough. Then I just make copies for my files before sending the invoices out at the end of the month.

I need to get this done entirely on the comp next year, and that is one of my planned winter projects. I may look into software to help me get more streamlined and more professional.

4. Joshuakwhit

Joshuakwhit LawnSite Member

Any more advise on this and the other questions, please.

I meant carbon copy type invoices. Scotts who I work for now uses this type.

5. mngrassguy

mngrassguy LawnSite Silver Member

My local print shop has two part carbon-less forms that I use for both my contracts and invoices. The State of Mn dictates what must be on my invoices.

Starting a business next year? I don't even know if I can afford to stay in this next year and I've been doing this for over 20 years!!!

Good Luck

6. jdmcat

jdmcat LawnSite Senior Member
    from Idaho

What kind of invoices do you guys use?
    I print two part invoices with my laser printer and just rip the customer copy off when I do the job.

What do the invoices need to say as far as EPA # ,amount, time ,date?
    Your states Dept. of Ag. will be the most reliable source for that kind of info.

Do ya'll use carbonated type invoices?
    No.

Where do ya'll get them?
    I print them myself

One last question and this is a dosey. Is next year a good idea starting my own business?
    I don't see why not

One more. Is 2 years expierence good enough to start my own operation?
    If you have to ask that question, probably not.

7. LushGreenLawn

LushGreenLawn LawnSite Silver Member

Its going to be tougher for you than for someone who has no experience, because you have spent two years being taught what not to do by TrueGreen.

My suggestion would be to spend alot of time doing research. Go talk to the guys at JD/Lesco, search the web, learn as much as you can about proper lawncare techniques.

Spend the winter doing this, and putting your business plan together, and make sure you are comfortable with you knowledge level before starting.

8. GREEN-UP

GREEN-UP LawnSite Member
    from sw ohio

I use quickbooks simple start. Got on ebay for 25.00 brand new. Does what I need to do for invoices and looks very nice. Tried the carbon from printers,$$ adds up over time.

9. LushGreenLawn

LushGreenLawn LawnSite Silver Member

um, you paid $25 for simple start? You can download it from the Quickbooks website for free.

I have a copy of Adobe Acrobat I can sell you for $25 though!:drinkup:

10. jdmcat

jdmcat LawnSite Senior Member
    from Idaho

yeah I got simple start for free to, I think you got taken...:hammerhead: