1. Missed the live Ask the Expert event?
    Not to worry. Check out the archived thread of the Q&A with Ken Hutcheson, President of U.S. Lawns, and the LawnSite community in the Franchising forum .

Dismiss Notice

Lawn Areator

Discussion in 'Lawn Mowing' started by JeffG, May 29, 2003.

1. JeffG

JeffG LawnSite Member

I am looking to buy a lawn areator for my lco. Does anybody out there have any advice on what make/kind and point me in the right direction of any suppliers, oh and how much$$.

2. Hamons

Hamons LawnSite Senior Member

I love the Plugr made by Rock Solid. I bought the PL800 this year and it is wonderful.

Pulls better Plugs and is easier on the operator. I aerated for 10 hours one day this spring -- did about 80M of turf spread out over 8 yards and although I wasn't ready to run a marathon I wasn't dead tired either like I have been after dunning a typical drum type aerator for just a few hours.

Give Dee a call at Rock Solid (888-418-9065) -- they will work out great deal with you. I think there top of the line PL800 is around $2600.

Rock Solid
  3. walker-talker

walker-talker LawnSite Platinum Member
    from Midwest

Depends on how much you want to spend. Do a search on the Plugger by Rock Solid. The cost is between $2600 and $3000. I don't own one, but test drove one and can say it's a very maneuverable machine.

4. ParkerLawn

ParkerLawn LawnSite Senior Member
    from KY

Email me and I will talk with you about the Ryan Lawnaire V that I have. jrpxxii@aol.com
  5. Alan Oncken

Alan Oncken LawnSite Member

Rock Solid "pluger", only way to go.
  6. fblandscape

fblandscape Banned

If you own any Walker mowers, Rock Solid also makes an attachment for your mower. I believe it has something along the lines of a 4' swath. If you do a lot of large properties, you definately want to look at a tow behind aerator... something along the lines of a Classen.
  7. JeffG

JeffG LawnSite Member

Are the aerators you are talking about 'core aerators'?
    I don't really know much about them but I have been asked to core aerate by a few of my customers.
    I would really prefer a towing kind to pull behind my Ex-mark.
  8. rodfather

rodfather LawnSite Fanatic

Bluebird makes a 36" towable core aerator (we have one). Works quite well with the weights added. Larger than that you will have to go to a 3-point hitch type.
  9. Hey rodfather do you recall how much you paid for that?

Steve :cool:
  10. rodfather

rodfather LawnSite Fanatic

I think around $1200 with the weights...but that was about 5 years ago or so.