Lawn Bid

Discussion in 'General Industry Discussions' started by Kevin1, Mar 8, 2006.

1. Kevin1

Kevin1 LawnSite Member

I just finished my first lawn bid for a large commercial property. I have done smaller lawn bids before, but not this large. I understand that you have to be very careful on bidding large properties because you can be either profitable or loose big! The property is 8.8 acres. We will be using a 16' Jacobsen, 62"X485, and a 60 Z-Track. I will be charging $375.00 per time for mowing, trimming, and blowing. I am planning on making 25 apperance per year. Also they want two applications of weed control during the year. I want to charge $776.00 per application. That brings the bid to a total of $10,927 plus tax per year. I think that I,m low-balling it! Souldn't it be more around $13,000-$14,000 per year? I just started last January with the company I work for. When I gave my employer the bid for the property he almost fell over backwards(I don't if it was because I was so high or he lost that much last year). He bid it last year at $4025.00 for the same services plus TVC, gravel clean up, and T/S trimming. I was just looking for some opions if my bid is wrong.
  2. CC Lawncare

CC Lawncare LawnSite Member

Tough to say about the mowing portion oif the bid because there are too many unknowns regarding the site topograpy. You could be in the right price range or you could be low. I can tell you that the pesticide price is definitely low though.