1. Missed the live Ask the Expert event?
    Not to worry. Check out the archived thread of the Q&A with Ken Hutcheson, President of U.S. Lawns, and the LawnSite community in the Franchising forum .

Dismiss Notice

Lawn Boy Dura force 2005 for 100.00? 2 cycle

Discussion in 'Lawn Mowing' started by customcurbdesigns, Feb 23, 2008.

1. customcurbdesigns

customcurbdesigns LawnSite Member
    from Tampa

What are everyones thoughts on this mower? I wont be using it too much but figured for 100.00 how can I go wrong. Its a 2005. Thanks

2. Landrus2

Landrus2 LawnSite Platinum Member

that is a good price.:waving:
  3. lawnwizards

lawnwizards LawnSite Silver Member

if it runs, scoop it up. they make the lawn boys 4 cycle now and they arent nearly as efficient on the steep hills.
  4. Roger

Roger LawnSite Fanatic

Consumer model, or commercial model?

I have a Commercial model, DuraForce engine -- a real paradox.

1. Great mowing job, results are excellent, great side bagger, like to work with multiple cloth bags, lightweight.
    2. Horrible piece of equipment; rear drive tires need replacing every 300 hours or so, height adjuster levers last only about a half season, ground drive cable breaks every 400 lawns, engine good for short periods but not for longevity (have rebuilt with two shortblocks).

I could write book, but will spare you ...

I am not going to start my 2008 season with mine.
  5. customcurbdesigns

customcurbdesigns LawnSite Member
    from Tampa

How would I know if its a commerical model or not?
  6. Roger

Roger LawnSite Fanatic

What is the model number? It should be on the crosspiece under the handle, near the very top. If you stand behind the mower, lean down and look under the handles, toward the front of the machine, the numbers should be on a plate.

Go to the web site:

See if you can find the model in the list. Also, the commercial model does not have a large hood over the motor, and the sign on top of the recoil starter will say "commercial."