Lawn Boy replacement engines....

Discussion in 'Mechanic and Repair' started by LawnLad, Oct 15, 2002.

1. LawnLad

LawnLad LawnSite Senior Member

I didn't find this on a search - so perhaps you guys can lend me a hand. We use Lawn Boy push mowers for trim mowing. The unfortunate thing I heard from our supplier is that we can't buy new engines for the LB's. We had a guy put straight gas into it and we're told we can replace the short block, but no replacement engines are sold.

Does anyone know where you can locate a replacement engine for the model type 22240 and similar. I used to be able to buy these - as I've gone through this once before. I understand you can't even get the 22260 type Tecumpseh engine (I think this is who makes it for the 22260).

I've also heard that Lawn Boy's will be going off the market. Perhaps this is just a rumor... so if anyone can kindly disqualify it, I'd sure appreciate it.

2. try
    www.tulsaenginewarehouse.com

I don't think you can get the 2stroke but they may be able to help you find a 4 that will fit properly. They show bolt patterns for most of their engines.

Anyway e-mail them with what you need-they have been helpful to me in the past.

3. LawnLad

Thanks Bob... good site to know about.

If anyone else knows of replacement 2 cy lawnboy engines that would be great. Perhaps the EPA has it's far reaching tentacles implanted already and won't let up any of 2 cy engines.

4. vipermanz

vipermanz LawnSite Bronze Member

do you not want to replace the block?

5. LawnLad

We are able to buy short blocks - we just got one for the damaged engine. I was thinking of the next time when I want to replace the whole thing for whatever the reason may be. I was looking for the replacement in a box so to speak if they're available.

6. vipermanz

vipermanz LawnSite Bronze Member

i've seen lawn boy engines on ebay in the past but i haven't seen a new one

7. Guido

Guido LawnSite Silver Member

Do you want an original lawnboy engine? If its not a big deal you can drill out new holes and put a number of engines on that deck.