lawn-boys??? any good

Discussion in 'Lawn Mowing' started by edgman18, Aug 1, 2004.

1. edgman18

edgman18 LawnSite Member

iv been wanting to get a lawn-boy for some time but i dont knoe if there worth the money are there?
  2. C.T. Lawn Care

C.T. Lawn Care LawnSite Senior Member

i have a LB and it is a great mower... i love it... well untill the carb went out... so i need to get around to getting a carb rebuild kit lol
  3. shep2004

shep2004 LawnSite Member

I like lawnboys but I dont like the off-set wheel that much but check the pic

picture 008.jpg
  4. MOW ED

MOW ED LawnSite Fanatic

I have a LB 4.5HP Gold series mower that is our trim mower and it is also used for two backyards with small gates (1000 sq ft of mowing).
    Great mower, very tough and I have run it on Amsoil Synthetic mix at a ratio of 100:1. Never had a fuel related problem. The mower has basically no maintenance and starts everytime we need it. I'd buy another in a minute.
  5. 42homers

42homers LawnSite Member

Just keep the air filter clean and she'll be there for ya.

Had mine 3 years and besides my neglect it has been a good mower. 2 stroke seems to have more guts than the old 6.0 hp briggs I had........never stalled it yet.
  6. wriken

wriken LawnSite Silver Member

I've had mine for 3 years, no problems what so ever, but we don't use it dailey, maybe 2 hours aweek if that.
  7. wkshank

wkshank LawnSite Member

I've had a Gold Series 10655 for 2 months. Love it so far. Lightweight and the Easy Stride self propel is great.
  8. edgman18

edgman18 LawnSite Member

thanks alot for the help but do you recommend 2 stroke over 4?
  9. beaver

beaver LawnSite Member

i have 5 or 6 lawnboys that are very old (1977 ?), they fire right up. i dont use them i just keep them in the shed
    they are very good baggers

i have a newer one too seeems to be built nice but i mainly use my toro 2 cycle
  10. fga

fga LawnSite Silver Member

every single company uses those here. What model are yopu looking at? Go with the commercial, lasts for years and years.

The commercial mowers have 6.5 hp and have a tough deck, with protective bars in fron over the spark plug, etc. Also, the commercial has a bigger tank!! this is what i use. I have 2 right now over 6 years old. they are our primary mowers and get used every day all day, except for a few accounts with the 48" bobcat. they are very easy to fix if you do have to replace something. My friend in this business has a couple of the non-commercial mowers. He's had to replace them several times over while i've been using my originals... but to each his own. Depends on how much you were going to spend, and how much use they will get. but they are a kick ass mower.