Lawn Boy's new commercial 21" mower

Discussion in 'Lawn Mowing' started by joed, Aug 6, 2007.

1. joed

joed LawnSite Bronze Member

Lawnboy's website, has their new 21' commercial mower on the site. Picture is below. Features include:
    1. Steel Wheels.
    2. Honda GSV190cc engine. This is between their residential GSV and commericial GXV engines. Hp should be about 6.5 and torque should be around 8.5 to 9 lbs/foot of torque.
    3. Can bag, mulch or side discharge
    4. Not sure what kind of self-propel system it has.
    5. Staggered wheel design is gone.

Any thoughts?

Go to for further review.

2. ACutAbovesiny

ACutAbovesiny LawnSite Senior Member

Ive seen this mower. Never used it but it was prised around $600.
  3. Lawnut101

Lawnut101 LawnSite Silver Member

I saw one too. It may be a future purchase for me. I just don't know how it would stand up to the Toro's and Exmarks. The deck on it didn't feel much thicker than the residential . But I think that it looked pretty good, especially if it was only $600!
  4. lawnboy dan

lawnboy dan LawnSite Gold Member

the price is 945 for this mower in sp version
  5. komrom

komrom LawnSite Member

Not for sure on this, but it probably has a little TORO influence and quality since Lawnboy is owned by TORO. I imagine it went through some of their testing standards for commercial equipment.
  6. mikes landscaping

mikes landscaping LawnSite Senior Member
    from kansas

I like the older ones better, with the duraforce engines. They were very light especially with the side bag kit. I'm not sure about this mower yet, have to try it out.
  7. Roger

Roger LawnSite Fanatic

joed, ... I don't find anything about this new mower on the web page. Did you get the image from Lawnboy's web site? A link ... ? Thanks.
  8. joed

Try this link below and seeURL]
  9. joed

10. S man

S man LawnSite Gold Member

Looks like crap. I had the residential one like that before and I returned it within a month. Last home depot mower. The deck is a pita with a low rear bag opening and won't cut right when the deck is set too low. My 2 cents