Lawn Brothers Lawn Care

Discussion in 'Original Pictures Forum' started by RyanA97, Aug 25, 2013.

1. RyanA97

RyanA97 LawnSite Member

This will be the working thread of Lawn Brothers Lawn Care in Northern Virginia. I am 15 and my brother 14. This is our first year in the business. We have about 10 weekly accounts and of course the occasional vacation one time mow. I have posted on here a lot before. Just thought I'd share our working pictures.

photo 1 (3).JPG

photo 1 (4).JPG

photo 2 (1).JPG

photo 2 (2).JPG

photo 3 (2).JPG

photo 3 (3).JPG

photo 4 (2).JPG

photo 5 (1).JPG

2. Sprinkler Buddy

Sprinkler Buddy LawnSite Bronze Member
    from Florida

Nice work boys. Stay in school, you have your whole life to work, don't let the money you earn go to your head.

3. doobs41378

doobs41378 LawnSite Member

How do you get around from stop to stop?

4. RyanA97

RyanA97 LawnSite Member

We have a wagon which I pull while riding the gravely. My neighborhood is connected throughout a network of paved nature trails which we use to get around.

5. scoop302

scoop302 LawnSite Member

Nice work. I can't believe that you are only 14 and 15, you boys make most guys here look like hacks, and they are twice your age, doing it for years and with 40 to 50 accounts a week.

6. doobs41378

doobs41378 LawnSite Member

Well lets see a picture of said wagon and Gravely pulling it.

7. RyanA97

RyanA97 LawnSite Member

Here's the Gravely pulling the wagon. Mowed 12 Lawns today made $355.

photo (3).JPG

8. RyanA97

RyanA97 LawnSite Member

I'm gonna be doing leaves this fall. When do you guys recommend starting? I already have some lawns that the leaves are starting to fall. This is how I plan on doing leaves- I'm gonna put my grass gobbler on and run them over until it the grass gobbler is full, then use it as a mulch plug for the others. I'll empty the grass gobbler then go over the remaining mulched up leaves. I'll be using Gator G5 blades. I'm planning on starting at $60 for a fall cleanup since i charge $30-35 for a mow. I will raise or lower the price based on leaf quantity and if the customer wants the leaves dumped in a compost pile, bagged and left at curb for HOA, or bagged and taken by me (add $5-10?) What do you think?

9. larryinalabama

larryinalabama LawnSite Fanatic

Id get a decitaced mulch plate, then do as you said mulch them up and them bag them. I don't think your wagon will handle the hauling, but if you run over the leaves a few times they may make good mulch and you might be able to dump them on the nature trails???

Congrats on your success you fellers are AWESOME!

10. Townhouse Yards

Townhouse Yards LawnSite Senior Member
    from VA

Hey man, nice Gravely. How does the single wheel sulky feel when you use it? Is it comfortable? I want to get a walkbehind next year and I'm curious about sulky's.

I don't have those size lawns like you have, but I typically blow the leaves to the curb, or I'll blow them together and shred them with my shredder vac.