1. Missed the live Ask the Expert event?
    Not to worry. Check out the archived thread of the Q&A with Ken Hutcheson, President of U.S. Lawns, and the LawnSite community in the Franchising forum .

Dismiss Notice
  1. GreaterMilwLawnscape

GreaterMilwLawnscape LawnSite Member

any experts out there??

Applied momentum to a few lawns with a tow behind sprayer and a week and a half later the lawns browned up??? any advice?? is the lawn dead?? Hope this never happens to any of you!!! I tell you this is the worst feeling in the world!!!!
  2. SpreadNSpray

SpreadNSpray LawnSite Senior Member
    from MN

That does not sound right. "A week and a half later"? Sounds like Glyphosate.
    Cut your loses and sub out a licensed applicator.
  3. LawnJohn

LawnJohn LawnSite Member
    from Atlanta

Sounds like the rate was too high meaning you sprayed more that needed on the lawn.
  4. Grandview

Grandview LawnSite Gold Member
    from WI

My first guess is too high of a Momentum rate. Most herbicides have a built in safety factors up to 5X or more. Do you know how much you used over what area? You should have those records. IF it was Momentum the lawn will most likely come back. My other guess would be Roundup contamination. How you would burn several lawns with Roundup, I have no idea. I have used contaminated sprayers and have had no effect on lawns. The rate of Roundup becomes to small to do anything.