lawn business

Discussion in 'Marketplace' started by cowboytim, Apr 11, 2008.

1. cowboytim

cowboytim LawnSite Member
    from MN

I am looking to expand and am looking to buy some accounts or a business. Will look at equipment as well.
    Thanks
    Tim

2. meets1

meets1 LawnSite Gold Member

Are you willing to re-locate for a well est. lawn biz?

3. Jimslawncareservice

Jimslawncareservice LawnSite Platinum Member
    from mn

Where you looking to expand to? What type of equipment are you looking for?

4. cowboytim

from MN

I work the entire metro area so I am open in area.

5. cowboytim

from MN

someone has to have something. From what I have been hearing at the shops there is a lot of talk about a lot of people getting out of the field.

6. meets1

meets1 LawnSite Gold Member

Funny how you here about people getting out and then there are others on here that claim that everyone and there dog is getting in? I wonder what gives in places.

7. packey

packey LawnSite Senior Member

I was visiting in dfw a couple weeks ago and that is what I was hearing to . to many not wanting to fight higher fuel prices.

8. ODwyerPW

ODwyerPW LawnSite Member

I'm liquidating. I'm here on the east coast though. I've been selling off little by little for 2 years now, reducing my debt and exposure. this year, the prices were low enough to convince me to sit this one out for a bit. not being awarded as many good bids as I like (I always seem to be a little high, 10% or so, on the bidding....so I adjust for the next time...and boom still high...I just haven't been as willing/anxious to go as low as quickly as my competition). it's cyclical. it will rebound again in a few years. I'm just going to do something else.

I parted with all of my good will work (read little old lady's) for 10% of gross revenue for the season. cheap yeah. parted with the commercial work for 25%-30% of the value of 1 year of the contracts.

What I'm seeing here, is the # of installs (landscaping) is significantly down. Therefore, folks are competing for maintenance (lawncutting) work, as it means a steady paycheck. So lawncare companies are exiting...but landscapers are looking to pick up the volume.

9. cowboytim

from MN

Anything yet someone has something they want to get rid of

10. cowboytim

from MN

anybody have anything