Lawn care at car dealerships

Discussion in 'Lawn Mowing' started by MJK, Jan 28, 2008.

1. MJK

MJK LawnSite Senior Member

Anyone do work at dealerships? If so who did you contact to get the job? Thanks.
  2. MJK

Bump anyone?
  3. the guy that washes the cars.
  4. MJK

What you knew they guy, and he referred you to who so you could bid on the job?
  5. 06HD BOSS

06HD BOSS LawnSite Member

probably the owner. theyre usually always there.
  6. AI Inc

AI Inc LawnSite Fanatic

Why would any one want to?
  7. LwnmwrMan22

LwnmwrMan22 LawnSite Platinum Member

I do 3 of them.

I want to, because they pay good money, plus they're usually lit up 24 / 7, with no residentials around them, so if I'm behind, I can mow until 2 am if need be to get caught up on stuff that isn't lit up.

I contact the owner (if franchise / owner operator) or the dealership's general manager.

Just go in and talk to the main receptionist. Ask to speak with who's in charge of accepting bids for lawn maintenance.

Even if they say they have their own guys already doing it, tell them that you believe you can provide a better service and have a better looking property, thereby increasing their sales.

They're sales people, you'd better be a sales person as well.
  8. Drivefaster35

Drivefaster35 LawnSite Senior Member
    from Midwest

I take care of a few dealerships in this area, what LwnmwrMan22 is exactly right and its one of those you either know somebody which I did or you buy from them which I also do. Dealerships love to do business with people who do business with them, and also bring new business to them through refrences. It's in both of your bes intrests to make each other happy.
  9. LwnmwrMan22

LwnmwrMan22 LawnSite Platinum Member

Somewhat funny, but I do the local GMC dealer, Ford dealer and Chevy / Caddy dealer, and buy my trucks from Dodge. :D

I also mow 9 banks, and bank and one that I don't mow. :D
  10. smcunningham

smcunningham LawnSite Senior Member

I use to do a very big dealership.....pain in the a$$...they had about 150 to 200 cars and only enough room on the lot for about 3/4 of them...the rest were on the turf and when I would come to service them they would have two guys move cars and trucks around the whole time I would be mowing....I did charge accordingly but it became a head ache that was two years ago and since I did it theres been about 5 other lco's that have done it and got tired of it also....I know 4 of the five and warned them but they thought it was worth untill they did it for a couple of times