lawn care billing

Discussion in 'Business Operations' started by Curcioslawn, Feb 6, 2013.

1. Curcioslawn

Curcioslawn LawnSite Member

My question is I would like to bill my customers every 3 cuts with net 10. Last year I billed every 4 with net 10, doing this will improve cash flow I feel any input?
    Posted via Mobile Device

2. CLS_Birmingham

CLS_Birmingham LawnSite Member

Bill per cut if your going to do things this way. It will improve your cash flow significantly

3. LandFakers

LandFakers LawnSite Fanatic
    from CT

I would never do every 3 cuts. I cut mostly weekly, and it just makes billing so simple. Oh its the first of the month, I have to sit down and do all the bills today. I certainly wouldnt like getting a bill every week from somebody, and monthly billing(still per cut) is a much better system. Atleast I think so

4. oiboy626

oiboy626 LawnSite Member

I agree with LandFakers. I would go billing the first of the month, once a month.

5. sildoc

sildoc LawnSite Silver Member

This is the problem when you start out and cash flow is not working the way it should. However if you bill monthly and push extras and professional service your worries will be short lived. If you don't have enough clients to keep the cash flow going for now I suggest a part time job to make ends meet where you get paid every 2 weeks.
    I can tell you once you get enough and if you plan and not spend more than you are making you won't have a problem with only getting paid once a month from each customer. Heck they don't all pay at the same time any ways.
    Keep up the hard work and take up an extra job till it gets to where you need to be. Sometimes sacrifice in the early years saves a lot of heart ache later!

6. KG26

KG26 LawnSite Member

I personally bill after every cut the balance on the invoice is low and there is no sticker shock.

7. 205mx

205mx LawnSite Silver Member

Holy sh!t.

I can't even imagine doing that.

8. KG26

KG26 LawnSite Member

How many accounts do you have?

9. 205mx

205mx LawnSite Silver Member

I'm not talking about billing time though.

I'm talking about my customers. They'd be mad if they got a bill every week.

10. KG26

KG26 LawnSite Member

Oh I see, luckily I haven't had an issue with it.