lawn care billing

Discussion in 'Business Operations' started by Curcioslawn, Feb 6, 2013.

1. 205mx

205mx LawnSite Silver Member

Do they actually send you 4 checks a month?

2. KG26

KG26 LawnSite Member

yeah, sometimes I am late on the billing so its two payments on one check, other clients can send in payment electronically I just submit invoices for their records to prevent discrepancies.

3. 205mx

Seems excessive. But whatever floats your boat!

4. KG26

KG26 LawnSite Member

I work hard I want my $ I understand life happens but have it happen after I get paid.

5. 205mx

What are you talking about?

6. KG26

KG26 LawnSite Member

I want my money I dont want to hear can I pay you next month No pay me now.

7. 205mx

None of my clients do that. I just think 4 bills a month is excessive. It's not like they're dodging me. I think most people would think 4 bills a month is too often. Imagine getting a cable bill every time you change the station. Or an electric bill every time you turn a light on. It'd be different if u only mowed once or twice a month.

8. wegomow

wegomow LawnSite Senior Member

I bill monthly, but I have a few clients that want to pay per cut. That's turned out to be PITA. It's fine if they are home and come out with a check but if they are not then they I have to bill them or even call them.:nono::nono::nono:

9. Curcioslawn

Curcioslawn LawnSite Member

Posted via Mobile Device

10. J & D Greens

J & D Greens LawnSite Senior Member

With us the problem isn't cash flow. But if I collected weekly it would be where did the cash go? Taking our monthly income and setting aside 1/3 to run things on and 1/3 for taxes and paying our self 1/3 is how we do it. It is just easier to figure out for the accountant (my wife).

Like the other poster said if you have no capital to help you along then it is very tough to run your Biz. You must budget your income well enough to get the money set aside. My clients like to be billed once a month and most of them are quick to pay with in the week they get their bill. (It is usually the wealthy ones that are slow to pay? Go figure? But they always pay and I don't worry about it money has to be set aside for taxes anyway).