Lawn Care buisness ?

Discussion in 'Starting a Lawn Care Business' started by M0wNG0, Nov 7, 2007.

1. M0wNG0

M0wNG0 LawnSite Member
    from AL

I'm in Alabama can someone post some sites where i can find out what licenses i need and how/where to apply?

Also some opinions on equipment and trailer.
    I have a 5x8 tilt trailer, i was hoping to be able to use at least for a while.

Any other help would be greatly appreciated.

2. IMAGE

IMAGE LawnSite Bronze Member
    from midwest

Sorry I cant help you in AL, but I will suggest you do what I did, and just kinda "lurk" on the forms reading all the posts, I mean all of them. Go back a few months, even do searches on topics that interest you, and read all those posts too. You kinda get a feel for it after a few weeks of reading. Then you will know what you need alittle better, because it depends so much on what your target customer is.

3. M0wNG0

M0wNG0 LawnSite Member
    from AL

Thanks, I have been seaching the site. Just thought i'd post a thread to be more specific on my questions

4. mowingpreacherman

mowingpreacherman LawnSite Member

I'd be interested too. :waving:

Tony

5. flakebortch

flakebortch LawnSite Member

Hey guys - I'm in the same boat, and this is what I've found. You need to do the heavy lifting, research all you can. Then when you have a specific question, and I mean pinpoint, you'll get great advice. You can gauge how rare your question is by how many responses you get. For example, if you were to ask, "Me mow lawns; what now?", you will get exactly no response. Good luck.

6. M0wNG0

M0wNG0 LawnSite Member
    from AL

Thanks, I have been trying to search the best i can but cant find enough information.

7. IMAGE

IMAGE LawnSite Bronze Member
    from midwest

Use the advanced search and set it to only search "titles".

This will narrow your responses quite a bit.

ex: when I searched "business software" with titles only I got 28 hits,
    but when I searched the entire post I got 1052 hits

8. mowingpreacherman

mowingpreacherman LawnSite Member

Hey Flake, you may be in the same boat, but you are from New York, so you have no pertinent info in this thread. If someone else has already done the heavy lifting, why not help a brother out? The holier than thou posts are not necessary. I thought he asked for exactly what he wanted. Just because someone is new on this forum, as you are also, it is does not follow that they are new to the internet and forums. Me mow lawns.:laugh: Anyway, I'm sure I can do the research, but why not enjoy the wisdom of the experienced who are not too lazy to contribute. The only thread I started so far had a few responses like yours, so I said, "bleh!" There is no reason for someone who knows the answers to these questions to hold back because their daddy made them learn everything the hard way. Anyway, I'm enjoying the forum otherwise. :waving:

9. flakebortch

flakebortch LawnSite Member

Me from NY = no pertinent info?:confused:
    Anyway, I was just trying to impart what I've learned by using this forum. Specific questions get you more feedback. That's all.

10. Sweet Tater

Sweet Tater LawnSite Silver Member

There is a forum specific for different states and areas
    http://www.lawnsite.com/forumdisplay.php?f=59
    Look for Al in here and ask again. Some times for specific areas this is the best place, although it may take a day or two to get a responce as its a slower forum