Lawn Care Business

Discussion in 'Lawn Mowing' started by Hutten, Jul 25, 2002.

1. Hutten

Hutten LawnSite Member

Hello experts,

By some stroke of luck I have found this site. I am strongly considering starting up my own lawn care business. I have looked at all sorts of equipment. The one that I liked the best so far is John Deere. (which apparantly used to be Great Dane?) Please let me know if I am making large mistake or if I will have it made with this product.

2. awm

awm LawnSite Gold Member

u may not be making a misstake ,but i would advise u to do some more research
    before u invest your money. this site has several excellent manufacturers as sponsers
  3. KDJ

KDJ LawnSite Senior Member

I run a GS45 and think its a great machine. It has never let me down. ( 1560 hrs )
  4. olfrt

olfrt LawnSite Member

which great dane?

belly mount z or stand on?
  5. AielLandscaping

AielLandscaping LawnSite Senior Member

do searches on here for everything you can think of and wait until next spring to start up. it's too late into the season to see much of a return before winter hits...just my opinion
  6. Darryl G

Darryl G LawnSite Fanatic

JD has a new stand-on this year. I looked at one last week at my dealer while I was picking up parts for my tractor. Looks sweet. It had a 54 inch deck, nice and compact, big drive and castor wheels, and if I recall correctly it had a 23 HP Kawasaki on it. I didn't ask about price, as I'm not in the market for a new mower right now.
  7. GrassMaster84

GrassMaster84 LawnSite Member

I'd would go with the GS30, which is a 36" walkbehind w/13hp kohler, they are killer machines, and will help you grow your business with ease.