1. Missed the live Ask the Expert event?
    Not to worry. Check out the archived thread of the Q&A with Ken Hutcheson, President of U.S. Lawns, and the LawnSite community on the Franchising Forum.

Dismiss Notice

Lawn Care Contract

Discussion in 'Pesticide & Herbicide Application' started by kootoomootoo, Mar 2, 2004.

1. kootoomootoo

kootoomootoo LawnSite Platinum Member

Guys. Just curious how you lay out (ie design / format) your lawn care contracts. Looking to change mine to something a bit easier for people to understand. If you want to be discreet you can email yours to coreaeration@yahoo.com. Thanks In advance.

2. Mike@Haines

Mike@Haines LawnSite Member

Ours is pretty simple. The top portion has a diagnosis area for soil compaction/acidity, shade/sun, turf density, weed variety (easy/tough) and mowing/watering notes (too high/low, too wet/dry).

Then a small section listing approximate sqft and difficulties (multiple pulls, etc.).

Then we have a list of services we provide with a brief explanation and spaces for the number of total apps, the timing (5-6 weeks apart/8 weeks, etc.) and the price.

We left a small section for personalized comments (mostly to address customers biggest concern) and then the signature area.

3. James Cormier

James Cormier LawnSite Bronze Member
    from Ma

Not sure if this comes out clear enough, buy here is our lawn estimate form, It goes inside a brochure that is left at the customers house when we do a estimate. 3 copies, top goes to customer 2nd goes into a file, 3rd is hard stock and becomes the customers call back card, then route card once sold

picture 048.jpg

4. jnm4

jnm4 LawnSite Member

James-

Your form looks really nice! Did you have that professionally made? I'd like to know more...I'm about to make a bid on some church property and would like to make my proposal form look very professional.

Thanks
    Joey

5. James Cormier

from Ma

Yeh, a local printer did it for me, I did the lay out on Microsoft publish it, and had them just copy the desgin, THere are stacks near every phone in the office and shop so when someone calls it gets fill out right away, I can also do it through the computer, or there are stacks all over my truck as well.

I think I paid $750 for 2500. Usually I use nebs for all my printing and they do custom stuff as well, but this local guy is a customer of ours so I figured I give him some work. Nebs is also a local company that started out small but are now huge.

I still use publish it for my 3 panel brochures, this season we may have them redone to newsletter size with a glossy finish. This would also be done by a printer.

6. rats5656

rats5656 LawnSite Member

what does you page brchure look like ?

7. kootoomootoo

kootoomootoo LawnSite Platinum Member

James Cormier....how does the customer select from your estimate the services they want. With mine theres an acceptance section so I have them initial and sign what they want.
    I later send a confirmation with the option
    to prepay.

8. James Cormier

from Ma

I only sell the 5 step program, if any of the optional services are wanted they just tell me, and back at the office it gets entered into there account. All my res work is done with a hand shake or a verable aggreement. Only commerical work has a signed contract and that is a different fourm.

New sales get the option to pre pay when they recieve their first treatment. current customers get that in the winter time. Right now my % of pre pays is around 75% and my cancel rate each year is below 6%

I use to have a fourm they would sign and I would sign but after awhile I relized people want to be trusted as well as they want to trust you. I feel in my case it just works better. Ive only been stiffed by a few customers ( less than $500.00 ) in the last 6 years. Most of the money i got stiffed on is when we did mowing.

9. DUSTYCEDAR

DUSTYCEDAR LawnSite Fanatic
    from PA

i need a form like that
    my form looks sad compared to that

10. James Cormier

from Ma

Not too sure how these will look, the postcard is front and back, I send these now

picture 051.jpg