1. Missed the live Ask the Expert event?
    Not to worry. Check out the archived thread of the Q&A with Ken Hutcheson, President of U.S. Lawns, and the LawnSite community on the Franchising Forum.

Dismiss Notice

Lawn Care Equipment

Discussion in 'General Industry Discussions' started by HOMETOWNLAWNCARE, Mar 11, 2009.

1. HOMETOWNLAWNCARE

HOMETOWNLAWNCARE LawnSite Member

I'm looking to update my equipment. I am looking to find the best commercial zero-turn mower for the money. Does anybody have any suggestions from their experience? I do mostly residential properties but also commercial. I'm working on expanding my commercial business. Thanks!

2. lifetree

lifetree LawnSite Fanatic

You can get a good entry level commercial ZTR from either one of 2 places ... the Dixon RAM MAG unit has a good tunnel deck, or, Snapper PRO just came out this year with a good 48" deep deck ... you can get either one for approximtely $ 5,000 !!

3. HOMETOWNLAWNCARE

HOMETOWNLAWNCARE LawnSite Member

is there a specific model number that you recommend? Also, what is the best place to purchase? I haven't bought any equipment this size before, so do you know if they are ever willing to work with you on price? I live in Austin, TX. Do you know of any dealers that sell the mower you are recommending?
    Thanks so much for the response!