Lawn care for a side business

Discussion in 'Starting a Lawn Care Business' started by Z lawn care, May 30, 2004.

1. Z lawn care

Z lawn care LawnSite Member

I have been moving approx. 30 yards for a couple years, i also have a full time job at the same time. Im looking at getting more jobs in the future and trying to get a guy or two to cut the yards for me and let me run the books. Any one got any good websites or books, or documents, on how to make the transistion and start this part of the business?

2. Team Gopher

Team Gopher LawnSite Platinum Member
    from -

Hi Z lawn care,

If you are interested, why not post a list of your questions. I am sure many here could help you out.

3. tiedeman

tiedeman LawnSite Fanatic
    from earth

my best advice is to just roam around here and ask questions. I am sure that a lot of people including myself can help you out

4. Etlawn

Etlawn LawnSite Member

I am kind of in the same boat also Z....I have been holding myself back for a few years and not trying to grow my side business due to my full time job. (wich is in the green industry also) and to be honest I am afraid to try to grow it and then hire. The company I work for has a hell of a time getting quality people through the door...I guess one main question I would have is where is the best place to advertise a job opening and finding someone you can trust with your stuff?
    Any help appreciated