Lawn Care & Home Cleaning ?

Discussion in 'Business Operations' started by Maxwells, May 17, 2005.

1. Maxwells

Maxwells LawnSite Member
    from NZ

Hi Have any of you thought of havinga home cleaning service as well as lawn care giving your customers both great home services ? has anyone done this or thought about it ?
  2. ECS

ECS LawnSite Bronze Member

We do lawns, cleaning, caretaking or weekly house checks and snow removal.
  3. out4now

out4now LawnSite Bronze Member
    from AZ

Wasn't there a thread about a flyer offering this last week?
  4. HK45Mark23

HK45Mark23 LawnSite Member

This is my first post her. I have a landscape Maintenance and Janitorial / Maid Service Company. I offer Residential Commercial and Industrial service.

Where is that thread / flyer?
  5. out4now

out4now LawnSite Bronze Member
    from AZ

Looked for it doing a search, its sort of at the top under all the banner ads in the green bar. I couldn't find it agin otherwise I would have posted the link to for you. Its a great feature to narrow down what you are looking for. It brought back many results just not that particular one I was thinking of.
  6. Maxwells

Maxwells LawnSite Member
    from NZ

anyone find it ?
  7. nobagger

nobagger LawnSite Gold Member
    from Pa

No thanks, I think when you become a company that offers too many different services people tend to think of the old saying "jack of all trades master of none" Its different when you offer Lawn care and Landscaping to snow plowing services, but house cleaning along with that seems too far at the other end of the spectrum. I would think this day-in-age people can barley trust you on their property let alone in their house. Just my opinion.
  8. Maxwells

Maxwells LawnSite Member
    from NZ

thanks i guess i am trying to look outside of the square and keep busy 4 winter
  9. Tider6972

Tider6972 LawnSite Senior Member
    from Alabama

Sure it will work !

Set it up as a separate company, LLC or sub-S corporation, and start it off by marketing your services to your established customers, who already know you and have confidence in you!

You will need to have insurance and your employees will need to be bonded.

Research "Merry Maids" and other franchises for ideas such as uniforms, services, and you may get some fee information.

It's a great idea, Go For It! There will <i>ALWAYS</i> be nay-sayers proclaiming "It won't work !" BS ! Make it happen!
  10. Team Gopher

Team Gopher LawnSite Platinum Member
    from -

Hi Maxwells,

Offer the services you need to keep yourself going, but I think you will be better in the long run if you search for a niche and not do too many things.