lawn care in florida? prices??

Discussion in 'Lawn Mowing' started by treyhamra, Jan 6, 2001.

1. treyhamra

treyhamra LawnSite Member

well i dont know where to start. im from oklahoma and live here presently and run a very sucessful lawn care company. im getting tired of snow and leaves and know florida , fortunaltely, doesnt have either of these!! i was wanting to know how you guys price things or how the weed control / fertilization programs are like , man there are so many questions i have. i would be very interested in making a move down there but i would be going in blind eyed. i have 5 years invested into my biz and would be one of the best crew leaders you could ever find. only prob is that i need a few months to prepare to move. so if youre lookin for a hard core worker and are in ft. lauderdale, give me a shout and let me know what things are like in the biz there.
  2. HOMER

HOMER LawnSite Gold Member

I'm only a few minutes from the Florida line and to the best of my recollection I don't think the trees quit growing when I cross the line!!!!!!!!!!!

My nephew lives in the Ft. Lauderdale area and he tells me it is booming...........problem is there would be mucho competition, if ya know what I mean. One thing he told me that I wish would happen where I live is all the businesses have to be landscaped and maintained, it's a city ordinance, if they don't they get fined. This is what I hear.............could be wrong...........some Floridians need to jump in here and help me out.............I may be over my head................I do know one thing.............there ARE TREES IN FLORIDA!

Hava Tampa.........and a good day.:)
  3. Vibe Ray

Vibe Ray LawnSite Senior Member

Hey, what about Hawaii??? I am moving there towards the end of the next growing season. It seems like its worth a shot?
  4. Starling Lawn

Starling Lawn LawnSite Member

Business is great in Florda.There is always room for guys who do quality work.And yes Homer we Have trees,lots of them.
  5. TJLC

TJLC LawnSite Bronze Member

Where I am $15-20 per cut. (80x125 lot) You are paid the rest in sunshine. LOL
  6. Fantasy Lawns

Fantasy Lawns LawnSite Bronze Member

I can't live on per cut..... yearly service contracts should start at $60 for "mow & go" and any extras is more $$ ....of coarse those 4 packs and 6 packs all together they can get full service at like $65 each .....but those are basic 1/4 acre lots
  7. TurfMan

TurfMan LawnSite Member

Florida has Trees. alot of them.
    Per cuts on lots seem to be 15-20 per cut and monthly are 60-65 per month. These are basic packages. 1 thing that you'll find is that younger people 35-50 tend to cancel in the winter months the season slows down in late Oct and this is the time that most want to cancel. I suggest a written contract with all of your customers. Good luck and 2 yrs ago when I registered my company with the state of Florida there were 1785 REGISTERED Lawn Services. That was 2 yrs ago. and that was not counting the guys with Pinto wagons with 21's hanging out of the tailgates.
  8. trimmer

trimmer LawnSite Senior Member

I hope that 60-65 dollars a month is for a bi-weekly service. I get 85 dollars minimum for a weekly service in the growing season and bi-weekly in the off season. As far as leaves go they do fall and quite a bit. Also, I hope you like sand because if your customers don't have a lot grass they have plenty of sand.