1. Missed the live Ask the Expert event?
    Not to worry. Check out the archived thread of the Q&A with Ken Hutcheson, President of U.S. Lawns, and the LawnSite community in the Franchising forum .

Dismiss Notice

Lawn care in rural area

Discussion in 'Starting a Lawn Care Business' started by FoggyHollowLawnCare, May 2, 2007.

1. FoggyHollowLawnCare

FoggyHollowLawnCare LawnSite Member

I am starting a lawn care service in a rural area. Does anyone have any experience in this. If so what are some tips for aquiring customers.
  2. stumpjumper

stumpjumper LawnSite Member

I operate in a rural area in Ok. Acquired nearly all of my customers from ads in the 2 nearest town papers. The closest is 3 miles away, next closest 16 miles away. This year I've managed to setup my routes to spend 2 full days in the furthest town. I've politely dropped a couple of residentials that were to out of the way to be profitable. I managed to do it with no hard feelings, I don't know about your area but around here almost everybody knows each other, a bad reputation will kill you.
  3. FoggyHollowLawnCare

FoggyHollowLawnCare LawnSite Member

Thanks for the good info.
  4. LindblomRJ

LindblomRJ LawnSite Silver Member

The town I work in is about 13,000 people. Cross the river another 3,000 people. Word of mouth. Small town newspapers generally have good rates. Word of mouth is also good.