Lawn Care In WV Any One From WV How Is Business? Has Any One Started Advertising Yet?

Discussion in 'Network: South' started by THORNTON SERVICES LLC, Jan 27, 2013.

1. THORNTON SERVICES LLC

THORNTON SERVICES LLC LawnSite Senior Member

Just wanted to see if any lawn care company's from West Virginia were on here and if so how you guys were fairing this winter. Has any one started advertising yet? Also in this region for hills does everyone else use a walk behind or has anyone went over to the standers yet for slopes?

2. CHARLES CUE

CHARLES CUE LawnSite Silver Member

Hi I am just replying becouse i am from WV

I don't mow i do the other Lawn Care

Winters been great but we need more snow

Just stoped in to say HI hope every thing is good

And just wonderd why did you post this in the truck & trailer forum ?

Charles Cue

3. THORNTON SERVICES LLC

I posted it there cause im Kinda new to the site and have no idea what im doing lol :drinkup: Everything good here in wv waiting on snow as well , do some plowing. Thanks for the reply not very many people on here from WV I see.

4. CHARLES CUE

Well i would guess out of 8th or so people on here that there are some from WV that don't post

Just set back in the dark and watch

I know of a guy from Bridgeport that does come on here

So what do you do just mow and plow snow

I am Solo and for the most part just treat yards

Charles Cue

5. THORNTON SERVICES LLC

MOW , LANDSCAPE MAINTENANCE , PLOW SNOW YEP THAT KEEPS ME SUPER BUSY , IN THE SUMMER WORK 7 DAYS A WEEK , AND IN THE WINTER LAST COUPLE YEARS BEEN DOING ALOT OF SLEEPING , LOL OUR WINTERS HAVE NOT BEEN TO EVENTFUL LAST COUPLE YEARS , THIS YEAR AT LEAST WE HAVE HAD SOME SNOW. HELP IS A BIG PROBLEM FOR ME , HAVE HAD SOME ISSUES , GOT A COUPLE GUYS i WILL BRING BACK IN THE SUMMER , BUT MOSTLY SOLO OP RIGHT NOW. SO WHAT ABOUT YOU WHAT SERVICES DO YOU PROVIDE?

6. CHARLES CUE

I do lawn fertlizing and weed control some seeding / aeration and what ever i can get into

And we have a deli that's a job in it's self

Charles Cue

7. THORNTON SERVICES LLC

Cool , alot of customers have been asking me to start fertilizing lawns but i don't know what all licenses you need in wv to do that? What kind of licenses do you have to keep and is it a pain to get the licenses?

8. CHARLES CUE

you need a pesticide application business license and a 4A pesticide applicator license

Charles Cue

9. THORNTON SERVICES LLC

UGGH , I FIGURED IT WOULD BE A PAIN , SPENT A BUNCH OF TIME TO GET A CONTRACTORS LICENSE AND ALL THAT GOOD STUFF TO DO LANDSCAPING , PLUMBERS LICENSE TO MESS WITH WATER LINES AND IRIGATION AND AFTER ALL THIS i SPEND MOST OF MY TIME MOWING GRASS WICH ALL I NEEDED WAS A BUSINESS LICENSE SO I GUESS I WON'T BE FERTILIZING LAWNS , IM NOT MUCH INTO THE CHEMICAL SIDE OF THINGS ANYHOW , RIGHT NOW WHEN PEOPLE TALK FERTILIZATION I ALWAYS TRY TO GET THEM TO AERATE , TOP DRESS , COMPOST AND ALSO USE COMPOST TEA SPRAYS INSTEAD OF CHEMICAL APPLICATIONS , SEEMS TO WORK WELL FOR THE LAWNS , DO YOU DEAL WITH ANY OF THIS STUFF? iF SO HOW DO YOU FEEL ABOUT THE COMPOST TEAS ETC.

10. CHARLES CUE

I have never used compost tea but sounds good

I have done some top dressing but very limted people just don't want to spend that money. Always have good results with top dressing

I do use organic fert on some jobs

Contractors lic and plumming i know what you mean I had to take collage courses to get my pesticide lic and it was a little tough do you see much sprinkler systems around here

So i take it that you have skid sprayer to spray comost tea do you like brew your own

Charles Cue