1. Missed the live Ask the Expert event?
    Not to worry. Check out the archived thread of the Q&A with Ken Hutcheson, President of U.S. Lawns, and the LawnSite community in the Franchising forum .

Dismiss Notice

Lawn Care Industry Facts

Discussion in 'General Industry Discussions' started by JGroverCU, Jan 28, 2007.

1. JGroverCU

JGroverCU LawnSite Member

Anyone know of a good website to visit to see some market research on the lawn care industry? I am in South Carolina and would like to find some information on the green industry in this state. Any ideas?
  2. J Hisch

J Hisch LawnSite Senior Member

Several Idea's come to mind. I am not aware of any specific site but a good way to research is to first view online yellowpages, second try to get listing of lawncare companie sin the state, second, look for demographic's of th state make up, median income, retiree's, average family dwelling price etc. once you see who is marketable then you can understand the industry better inyour area. I know along the coast is a great area to start up lawn business, almost everyone there does winter rye, which means they care about lawn care.
  3. JGroverCU

JGroverCU LawnSite Member

Thank you for your response. Many of the members on her tend to make smart comments when a question is asked. Thanks again!
  4. ACutAbovesiny

ACutAbovesiny LawnSite Senior Member

This happens to be a very good question. The first place I would look is the census dept. This will tell you how many homes are in an area and income levels. Start there.
  5. lawnpro724

lawnpro724 LawnSite Silver Member

Try Pro magazine, I know they did a survey on this awhile back and have lots of stats that may help you.