lawn care injuries and fatalities !

Discussion in 'Questions, Rules, Suggestions' started by i_plant_art, Aug 12, 2005.

1. i_plant_art

i_plant_art LawnSite Senior Member

Hey guys could we have a "lawn care injusry and fatality" forum like they have over at arborsite.com? I think it would be nice to have to all tell our "stories" in some way it could be for braggin rights, but more importantly we could learn from each others mistakes/misfourtunes and would alsoreinfacize the whole "story book" of how important safety really is to the lawn care indusrty.

2. Mark McC

Mark McC LawnSite Bronze Member

I'll second this. It would be nice also to get some numbers on the incidence of skin cancer, especially melanoma, but that's probably asking a lot of lawnsite. This kinda information is often treated very secretively, but I think it's pretty important.

By the way, we all know to watch for Lyme disease (I recently had it), but let's not forget West Nile. It is out there and it isn't exactly diminishing.

3. MarcSmith

MarcSmith LawnSite Fanatic

couldwe take it a step further and actually have it sectioned out. like one for ZTR, one for hand helds, one for walk behinds....But also make it such that you must list the brand and model # of the equipment. I am not trying to throw any manufacturers under the bus withthis, but if I know that X amonut of people are having accidents on XYZ mower, I'll be more inclined to check it out since thats the type of equipment I have. If that makes sense....