Lawn Care Insurance

Discussion in 'Business Operations' started by ztrguy, Feb 1, 2007.

1. ztrguy

ztrguy LawnSite Senior Member
    from NE FL

What kind of lawn care insurance do you guys have? How much does it cost? I've recently added a bunch of new equipment and want to make sure I get the right insurance to protect all the new equipment. Theft, fire, damage from an accident, etc. What do you guys recommend for insurance?

2. Chop Stuff Up

Chop Stuff Up LawnSite Senior Member

1 mil runs us about 900 a year

3. pjslawncare/landscap

pjslawncare/landscap LawnSite Bronze Member

There are a lot of different insurace coverages. The coverage your talking about is what is refered to as "Inland marine casualty" on my policy and it covers my tractor only. Runs about $325 a year. I would highly recommend "General Liability" to help keep you butt from being sued if a rock hits someone in the eye. Mine runs $450 a year for a mil. If you hire employees, then you need "workmans Comp" in case they get hurt so they cant sue you. This runs me $1,450 a year. These + your commercial auto policy will keep you from losing more than your butt in the event of a boo boo.

4. Fantasy Lawns

Fantasy Lawns LawnSite Bronze Member

Most Liability Insurance is based on your yearly payroll ...ie number of employees ....full & part time ...

Equip Insurance is gonna be based on the total loss & your delectable .... where you store it .... type of security .... do you own it out right or is it financed ... stuff like that

Best to call around & get a local provider ...unless your lucky with a national carrier

5. GreenN'Clean

GreenN'Clean LawnSite Bronze Member

1 million runs me around $450 a year plus It covers me for snow plowing as well