Lawn Care//landscaper Not The Same

Discussion in 'Lawn Mowing' started by CLARKE, Dec 1, 2001.

1. CLARKE

CLARKE LawnSite Member

Lots of times i get called a landscaper but lawn care is just that.
    Landscapers do lawn care but they also plant trees and dig and build flower beds and work with rocks and change the way your yard looks.Do you think that they are the same or differnt??
    :blob1: :confused:

2. Guido

Guido LawnSite Silver Member

(and that doesn't mean its correct)...

Both are different. Obviously Lawn Care Providers or Lawn Maintenance Technicians, or whatever you want to call them concentrate on turf. A landscaper usually concentrates on landscape design and/or construction / and or landscape maintenance (which may include turf care)

I rather be called a landscaper than a lawn boy, but if the shoe fits..........

3. dj'slawnservice

dj'slawnservice LawnSite Member

Different.....no doubt about it
    but also makes a great combo
    kinda like a bacon cheeseburger,lol

4. landscaper, lawn care, landscape maintanence

What's the differance.

They all do diff. things in the property, but all fall back to Landscape. That's what lawn care is maintaning in the first place.

Lawn is part of the landscape in the property.

Classify it as you want but your still a landscaper

5. 65hoss

65hoss LawnSite Fanatic

Cutting grass does fall under landscape which would make you a landscaper. Lets take that a step farther. At some point you will be trimming bushes (not peeing in them:p), installing mulch, etc. This is all landscaping work.

6. awm

awm LawnSite Gold Member

i agree that it all is landscape work. but imho
    theres a difference between myself ,who can prettymuch install maintain and care for a particular landcape,and the fella who can desighn a full landscape ,w proper allowances for everything.
    then follow a blue print,or better yet make the blue print and
    see it thru to its finale inspection and acceptance.
    that takes more education than i have. not knocking what i do.
    just acknowledging that there are different level of expertise.
    another factor is the possibility that this highly educated
    fellow cant get weeds to grow,then he calls someone like me.
    later

7. bubble boy

bubble boy LawnSite Bronze Member

i love doing small little jobs for customers, as it breaks the routine. but this accouints for probably 10% of my summer revenues. the rest is cutting, and so i never call myself a landscaper. i always say i have a lawn maintenance company.

avoids confusion.

8. Tvov

Tvov LawnSite Bronze Member
    from CT

I pretty much always call my company a lawn maintenance company. It is more accurate.

9. Then let's take this a step further, What is the difference between a landscaper and a Gardner??

John

10. GLS

GLS LawnSite Bronze Member

I think of a landscaper of doing work on major landscape construction...like beds, walls, etc., whereas a gardner plants/water/cares for plants. A gardner does not do construction (in most cases).