Lawn Care & Landscaping Software

Discussion in 'Business Operations' started by ba1959nh, May 29, 2005.

1. ba1959nh

ba1959nh LawnSite Member
    from Zone 4

Does anyone have any recommendations for a small Landscaping/Lawncare business software to take care of billing and customer information?
    Mainly something to keep track of my customers, service calls and payments/balances.
    I am NOT looking for the high end landscape design and crew routing stuff that I have found so far. I have a one man operation and want to keep things simple.
    NOTE: Please don't recommend Quickbooks....I have tried it and I do NOT like it. Seems like too much work for repetitive stuff like lawn mowing. I want something that is very quick and easy to use.
    I appreciate any help or recommendations.
    Thanks,
    Bill

2. SidelinePropMgr

SidelinePropMgr LawnSite Member

Gopher Software

3. WLC

WLC LawnSite Member
    from NE TN

4. ClarkLawnCare

ClarkLawnCare LawnSite Member

I got this program from a guy who worked with a friend of mine. It is pretty cheap and I think it does a great job for my needs.
    I am not much of a computer person and I have a pretty small operation. this program is super easy to use (for me anyway !!!).

http://www.asbyroad.com/LawnMowerMgr

Good Luck,
    Marshall C

5. out4now

out4now LawnSite Bronze Member
    from AZ

This one doesn't look all that bad. Lot's of guys here like Gopher. Haven't seen many positive comments on Lawn Monkey, some guys seem to like Clip. And some are still running their own Excel or OpenOffice calc. configurations. If you want no frills you could go with a general accounting program like Quasar. They have a free version for windows.

6. GarPA

GarPA LawnSite Silver Member
    from PA

Gopher....I looked at other software and found Gopher to be the best bang for the buck and its only like $400.
    - very easy to learn
    -does most everything a small biz would need
    -not so many bells and whistles that it gets in the way
    -excellent customer support
    -relatively inexpensive

They have a trial version you can load for free. You will likely be surprised how quickly you will learn the functionality when you load this demo version

I am not the sharpest knife in the drawer when it comes to learning new software but this was a snap to learn...give it a try

They will also NOT bug you after you get the demo version....unlike a certain other softare vendor

7. mmacsek

mmacsek LawnSite Senior Member

We use Groundskeeper Pro and is very easy to learn and use. I figured it out!!! You can also download a free trial. I think we paid about 350.00 a few years ago. Matt

8. Howard Roark

Howard Roark LawnSite Senior Member
    from Texas

Gopher basic is $199.00, worth every penny as is their customer service.
    Lawnpro is a bit more basic than that at $54. Customer service is also excellent with them, just not as many features but if you're a basic lawn service this may serve you quite well. From what I've been told Lawnpro holds up to 10,000 accounts.

9. redoak77

redoak77 LawnSite Senior Member

I am a single operator and i downloaded groundskeeper light about 2 weeks ago. It is quite amazing. It is so much nice to send 5 mins printing out bills instead of 2 hours writing them out. You can also get a fee trial of this from adkad.com

10. ClarkLawnCare

ClarkLawnCare LawnSite Member

Gopher looks pretty cool. I am sure there are lots of good programs out there.

I have to admit I am very happy with the LawnMowerMgr program that I got.

It's not from a big company (just one guy I think) and he has been very helpful at answering questions, etc. He even customized the program especially for me for $40 bucks. Since I am a 1 man operation, I like the idea of helping out other small guys. Anyway, that's my 2 cents.

Too much rain up here :-(

Marshall C.