lawn care only percentage

Discussion in 'Lawn Mowing' started by TerraVenture, Apr 2, 2004.

1. TerraVenture

TerraVenture LawnSite Member

I thought I would start this thread to see how many on this site just do lawn care and lawn care related, such as fertilization and, overseeding. I perform lawn care and just about anything the customer needs except pesticide application because I have no license meaning I can't even use weed and feed but that is a gripe for another day. Do most of you find that lawn care is enough for you. I am just using the lawn care to get exposure so i can get lanscaping jobs. I am a solo act but have occasional help when need be.

Is anyone else in my situation?

2. noiseyvoyzey

noiseyvoyzey LawnSite Member

I dont do any pesticide. But I do alot of tree work, not much landscaping. I pick and choose the landscaping jobs

3. Andyinchville

Andyinchville LawnSite Senior Member

I'm almost 100% straight mowing.....Saves the hassel of other equipment getting in the way and if you book solid w/ mowing you'll always have a job....In landscaping, as in construction, you'll always be working yourself into unemployment (unless of course you have a whole string of jobs lined up) but w/ mowing the whole year is taken care of.....same jobs week after week......good and steady. (Don't get me wrong if a mowing customer wants something I'll do it but I don't actively pursue too many other things....Not even aerating and fertilizing........

4. specialtylc

specialtylc LawnSite Bronze Member

We do everything on the properties except installation work.

5. Eric 1

Eric 1 LawnSite Bronze Member

I do anything they want done. trees, lawns, landscape, multch, fert and seed ect.

Why cant you do weed-and-feed.

6. bastalker

bastalker LawnSite Senior Member

Do as much as you feel comfortable doing! The more the merrier so they say...

7. specialtylc

specialtylc LawnSite Bronze Member

Most states require an Applicator license.

8. bastalker

Yes a license is required for weed an feed...

An DFW will turn ya in if ya dont have one.......

9. Eric 1

Eric 1 LawnSite Bronze Member

Why? i honestly did not know that, i figured if they sell it to the public at a hardware store it would be fine.

I don't do any fert except like 10-10-10 kind of stuff. No spraying.

10. bastalker

It you are making a profit, you need a license....