Lawn Care or Lawn Service?

Discussion in 'Lawn Mowing' started by ztrguy, Sep 8, 2007.

1. ztrguy

ztrguy LawnSite Senior Member
    from NE FL

In your business name do you prefer Lawn Care or Lawn Service and why?

Example: AAA Lawn Care

AAA Lawn Service

Which sounds more professional? Thanks!

p.s. Right now I have the Lawn Service, but I'm thinking of switching it to Lawn Care.
  2. Mrs. H

Mrs. H LawnSite Senior Member

We are Hartzog Lawn Co. I think that covers everything from cutting to spraying.

When I hear "Lawn care" I think maintenance.
    When I hear "Lawn Service" I think full service, the works.

I guess it just depends on what scope you want to project to your potential cliants.
  3. KrayzKajun

KrayzKajun LawnSite Fanatic

I use both! im thinking about changing to Lawn & Landscape
  4. Daddy Joes Lawn Service

Daddy Joes Lawn Service LawnSite Member

I'm a lawn mowing service. I service your lawn i don't company your lawn.
  5. Turfdude

Turfdude LawnSite Bronze Member

Lawn Care usually implies more along the lines of fertilization, whereas lawn service is more along the maintenance lines (mow, trim, edge, blow off)
  6. Andrew's Lawn Maintenance

Andrew's Lawn Maintenance LawnSite Member

Lawn Maintenance, because you maintain the customers lawn
  7. chuck bow

chuck bow LawnSite Senior Member

Iam TURFMASTER Landscape Maintantence Services INC Includes mowing mulching trimming of shrubs and bushes and fert and squirt. What ever the customer wants i can provide and if i cant do the job i have a sub/nursery that can
  8. Runner

Runner LawnSite Fanatic

the last two posts are exactly right. as a matter of fact it is written as industry terms. You will find this in several college texts and professional publications (such as journals and reports that go to GC superintendents and such).
  9. grassgirl4

grassgirl4 LawnSite Member

I personally use Lawn & Landscape. It flowed nicely with the first part of my business name and was a break from the typical you see running all over town. I wanted to be different!! The first part of my name has an exclamation point in it, and my slogan is catchy, smart, describes the kind of job I do...a departure from all the cliches...

I guess this didn't answer the original question ;) But hopefully it gave some sort of creative insight...
  10. topsites

topsites LawnSite Fanatic

I'm lawn care because I want my customers to think I'm more than a basic grass cut 'n blow service, I want to take care of all aspects of a lawn (such as fert and squirt) and hence lawn CARE... I do provide some other services but I wanted to make sure I didn't get but so many calls in the direction of handymen and so on, thus LAWN care.

Landscape is a very broad term and involves a whole lot more, I feel this opens up a pandora's box but if you're into installs and (or) stuff such as earth moving then I think this would be good, drainage, brush area clearing, stuff like that and more is all in there.
    You'd want to look this up to see what all it opens up for you before you decide, all I know is it's a very broad term.

Maintenance I like, pretty much like care, I think.

Agreed, company is redundant sounding, you're already a business, don't make the name of the business say that as well.

Service is ok but me thinks a bit basic, I think Services might be better if you want more than just grass cutting, but if you do want a cut-n-blow business then service should work well.

That's not to say any of these is right or wrong, but I think it does to a point affect the type of calls you'll get.

dang do your customers get all that in the 'pay to the order of' section of the check? :laugh: