1. Missed the live Ask the Expert event?
    Not to worry. Check out the archived thread of the Q&A with Ken Hutcheson, President of U.S. Lawns, and the LawnSite community in the Franchising forum .

Dismiss Notice

lawn care pricing structure - info pls

Discussion in 'Lawn Mowing' started by ScottyfromScotland, Sep 23, 2004.

1. ScottyfromScotland

ScottyfromScotland LawnSite Member

Hi All

after weeks of scouring the net , i have finally found and extremely useful interactive web site for advice. Keep up the good work!!

Background info - I work for a Turf Grower in Scotland and we are looking to expand out current product range. We are wanting to copy the USA Lawn Care franchise type business eg greenthumb, trugreen, etc

The one item i have been unable to locate is the pricing sheets per metre/yards for treatment costs, (they have them on their clip boards) to give quotes for pricing for fertilizer, aeration (price x 2), scarification (price x3).

If someone has this type of info (even its OLD), then i can cannibalize it change it in to £ and move forward. Even if you dont but have some other useful pricing that would be appreciated.

thanks for your help in advance.

Scotty from Scotland
  2. Norm Al

Norm Al LawnSite Bronze Member

3. Randy J

Randy J LawnSite Bronze Member

Hi Scotty, welcome from across the great pond! I'd suggest as a means of establishing a price formula that you first figure out what it'll cost you to treat lawns. Your cost should include equipment cost & depreciation, materials costs, i.e. fertilizer, fuel for equipment, a portion of your fixed costs, such as advertising, vehicles, etc., and of course labor. Once you have this, you can tack on your desired profit, and walla, you have your pricing structure. I developed a worksheet for lawn care for here in the states, but I don't really think it would do you much good, as all your cost structures might be different. If I can offer any help on your developing one though, I'd be glad to.
  4. ScottyfromScotland

ScottyfromScotland LawnSite Member

thank you for taking the time to answer my question....you've given me some ideas. Thank you . Scotty from Scotland