lawn care pricing

Discussion in 'Lawn Mowing' started by jcodding, Feb 21, 2000.

1. jcodding

jcodding LawnSite Member

I HAVE BEEN IN THE LAWN CARE BUSINESS FOR THE PAST YEAR, SO I AM PRETTY NEW TO THIS. I HAVE A CUSTOMER WHO WOULD LIKE TO HAVE HER ENTIRE LAWN DETHATCHED AND AERATED. I NORMALLY CHARGE 45.00 FOR AERATION. HOW DO I PRICE DETHATCHING. SHE WOULD ALSO LIKE ME TO OVERSEED THE LAWN, AGAIN HOW DO I CHARGE HER FOR THESE SERVICE'S?<p>

2. slagerlawncare

slagerlawncare LawnSite Member

do you remove the thatch to another location?<br>if so, i charge by the hour. the time you get there to the time you rid yourself of the thatch. i do alot of dethatching and find after a while you have a sound idea of how long it will take you to do certain properties, so if they want a bid be careful at first not to under bid yourself..i did and lost a lot of money..<br>overseeding can be done right after dethatching . then i use a light roller to make good contact with soil.

3. Runner

Runner LawnSite Fanatic

Dethatching and aeraion. Simply $10.00 to $12.00 per 1000sq. ft. for first 20,000 sq ft.

4. ant

ant LawnSite Silver Member

runner: what you are saying is for a 20,000 sf. lawn you gross $240.00 for core aeration,thatching and clean-up haul away ?<br>anthony

5. AGG Lawn Maintenance

AGG Lawn Maintenance LawnSite Senior Member
    from Elberon

Do you have to pay to dump? You can charge by the sq foot or by the hour. If your new to it charge by the hour. Do you have to rent the machines? You have to figure in dumping,renting,seed and labor. I would figure 2 days on the labor so you don't bust your butt.(8hr days) Take notes on the timing. Its better to figure on a little more time so you don't have to keep tring to get more money out of a customer or lose money. Its not professional. Good Luck Travis AG&G lawn Maintenance

6. KirbysLawn

KirbysLawn Millenium Member

I don't dethatch, just aerate more! :) I charge $12.00 per 1000 for aeration and $24.00 per 1000 for aeration/seeding/fert/soil test. (5000 sf min charge)<br><p><font size="1">Edited by: KirbysLawn

7. Runner

Runner LawnSite Fanatic

Anthony, I'm not sure what you are asking, exactly. Are you asking if I do it all at once and for that one same price? Then the answer is no. They are two seperate operations.

8. ant

ant LawnSite Silver Member

runner: seems very low rate

9. kenneybros

kenneybros LawnSite Member

Seems like a very low rate. There was a couple of posts on here last aerating season that mentioned charging 3-4 times the mowing price. I dont understand how u could aerate 1000 sq feet of lawn for $10-12 i figure it costs me almost as much to load and unload the machine. My minimum is 50.00, and thats for my next door neighbors!! I had this one guy talk me down to 35 bucks (20 mins)but i really needed the work cuz i had the machine for the day and didnt have any work except for the first job(that payed for the whole days rental in 2 hours).

10. kenneybros

kenneybros LawnSite Member

Oh and to add more my I one neighbors lawn for 50 and she had it priced at 200 from some other company... so even I am extremely low. Well thats enough from me, good luck to all this nice fall aerating season!!<br>MATT<br>Kenney bros Landscaping